Continental, United In Major Airline Merger

May 3, 2010

(ChattahBox) – Continental and United announced today that they have officially agreed to a merger, which will create the world’s biggest airline.

The $3 billion dollar deal was confirmed after weeks of speculation about the possibility of a merge of the two major airlines, and stock shot up as is was announced.

Shareholders for United will be taking 55% of the combined stock between the two companies, while the other 45% will go to Continental shareholders.

Both companies spoke with enthusiasm of the deal, which will give a combined gross revenue of $29 billion.

Source


Comments

Got something to say? **Please Note** - Comments may be edited for clarity or obscenity, and all comments are published at the discretion of ChattahBox.com - Comments are the opinions of the individuals leaving them, and not of ChattahBox.com or its partners. - Please do not spam or submit comments that use copyright materials, hearsay or are based on reports where the supposed fact or quote is not a matter of public knowledge are also not permitted.