McDonald’s Recalls Millions Of ‘Shrek’ Glasses Due To Toxic Paint
June 4, 2010
The fear was over the effects of long-term exposure to the metal, which could get into the body after being transferred from the hands to the mouth.
Cadmium is known for causing damage to the kidneys, lungs, liver, nervous system and brain.
Despite this, McDonald’s assures customers that the levels found in the paint were not that high, and it was worry over the unknown effects of long-term exposure in small doses that caused the voluntary recall.
“We believe the Shrek glassware is safe for consumer use. However, again to ensure that our customers receive safe products from us, we made the decision to stop selling them and voluntarily recall these products, effective immediately,” Bill Whitman, spokesman for the company, said.
Customers who bought the glasses have been asked to stop using them immediately.