Man Sues Wife For $1.5 Million, Or Return Of Kidney

January 8, 2009

New York (ChattahBox) – In an unusual case that proves some gifts are not unconditional, a New York doctor is suing his ex-wife for $1.5 million dollars for a kidney he donated during their marriage, after alleging she had an affair.

Richard Batista has also stated that he would be happy to receive the kidney back, instead of the money, and that the choice is completely up to her.

The bitter lawsuit comes following a divorce that he alleges occurred because of an affair his wife has with a physical therapist, who she was seeing due to an unrelated injury, two years after Batista gave her his kidney to save her life.

“I saved her life and then to be betrayed like this is unfathomable. It’s incomprehensible,” he told reporters. “She engaged in an extramarital affair and refused to go to marital counseling and reconciliation.”

He also states that she delivered the divorce papers in the middle of a surgery he was performing on a patient, and then refused to allow him to see their three children, adding added pain to the betrayal.

The case is a new one for New York, but according to Batista’s lawyer, a valid one.

Comments

12 Responses to “Man Sues Wife For $1.5 Million, Or Return Of Kidney”

1. tom on January 8th, 2009 2:13 pm

I love it…. It didn’t occur to me that body parts are a property that has to be returned in the event of a divorce. I am on the side of Batista, because this is one hilarious case, though tragic.

2. chris on January 8th, 2009 2:30 pm

I think he should get the money…we all know if the role was reversed, he gets a kidney from her, then cheats on her, the Lifetime channel would have a movie where the premise would be that it’s ok to kill him because he cheated.

3. Chris on January 9th, 2009 12:52 pm

I think he has the right to envoke his “guft”. I’m going through a NASTY divorce in which the allegations are so drummed up I haven’t seen my children for almost a year, all because my ex wants money, the minute i seek 50/50, she loses my monthly supprot for her new SUV and she has to start paying me!! I applaud his request and think he should get the kidney back, maybe her current lover will gove her his……

^chris, I have to agree, if the tables were turned, you know he’d be getting the bad rap and the “made for tv” series would be aired…..

4. spookfish on January 9th, 2009 9:28 pm

She’s just a scumbucket piece of female trash and deserves to have the kidney removed.

It’s about time some man stood up to this vile species, that evolved to lie and cheat and manipulate. additionally as others ahve pointed out, the spin on this would be totally different if a man had recived the kidney.

5. man on January 10th, 2009 11:35 pm

The bitch deserves it

6. Leslie on January 12th, 2009 1:31 pm

the bitch should’ve never cheating. if it wasnt for him she wouldnt even be alive. shes stupid…

7. shari neneman on January 12th, 2009 5:59 pm

i think the god doctor has flipped his wig. from the picture they showed
    he looked very bitter. he said he wants his kidney back which would end her life and the life of the mother of his children if he really cares about his children he will drop the whole thing and go back to his practice as a doctor and give the example to his children of living a selfless life and always doing good to others ,even if they do not do good to you. that seems to be the piece of this puzzle that the good doctor is missing. i hope he has a change of heart of soon.

8. manaman on January 13th, 2009 11:57 pm

the doc should just forget it because as we always say, what goes around come back around so eventhough she feeling good now, she will regret it later on. in other words she is a B#$T that will get what she deserve.

9. Tom on January 30th, 2009 9:49 am

Okay this is nuts! This guy is absolutely nuts. I gave a kidney to my wife in November of 2000, because i loved her and she had been on dialysis for 8 years, waiting for a transplant. I would NEVER in a million years think of asking for it back or money in return for it! This guy is an absolute idiot! No matter what happens or how it turns out, he gave the gift of life and now he wants to take it back. Selfish man.

10. olivia on January 30th, 2009 10:47 am

I agree with you, Tom, and it’s even more disturbing coming from a doctor. I have a feeling this will ruin his career.

11. Val on February 18th, 2009 3:17 pm

Get the money and your kids!!! This man provided a life, a lifestyle for her to be accustomed to and has lived up to his wedding vows AND SAVED HER LIFE!!!! Its nuts to want the kidney back however, HE DESERVES BILLIONS IN PAIN AND SUFFERING, HUMLIATION, LOST TIME WITH HIS CHILDREN ALL BECAUSE THIS SELFISH, BOTTOM OF THE BARRELL LECHING BIITTCCHHH FELT THAT SHE WAS ABOVE HER PROMISE TO HIM IN THE EYES OF GOD!!!??? This is why us good women have to work harder when meeting a good man that has been scorned. It is not right to hold children at bay for money, it is not right to take advantage of someone who has risk the health of their own life to assist and help you (the bitch) when you have no intention doing right. I am all for the phrase “Catch 22” or “What goes around, comes around.” Its just, some times, God just doesn’t work fast enought. I say he should sue her and the personal trainer.

12. leslie on January 1st, 2010 8:52 pm

wait so if he proves she was cheating on him, the judge will order her to return the kidney?! he cant order that its illegal?