Teen Finds Needle Lodged In Throat

January 13, 2009

England (ChattahBox) – A teenage girl who went into a UK emergency room complaining of severe neck pain ended up having a two-inch needle removed from her throat.

Abby Walsh had been in about the problem almost a week earlier, and was told that it was nothing more then an insect bite. But after the problem persisted, she went in again, this time having an x-ray and several tests done.

Doctor’s were shocked by what they saw: a two-inch needle lodged into her neck.

“I couldn’t believe my eyes when the doctors showed me the X-ray,” she later said. “I just froze thinking ‘that needle is in my throat’. They told me they had no time to waste and had to operate there and then.”

The needle apparently found it’s way into her throat after a small accident in Walsh’s sewing class caused her to fall, but due to the initial pain of the collapse, she had not felt it penetrate the skin.

It was successfully removed, and she is expected to make a complete recovery.


Comments

Got something to say? **Please Note** - Comments may be edited for clarity or obscenity, and all comments are published at the discretion of ChattahBox.com - Comments are the opinions of the individuals leaving them, and not of ChattahBox.com or its partners. - Please do not spam or submit comments that use copyright materials, hearsay or are based on reports where the supposed fact or quote is not a matter of public knowledge are also not permitted.