Man Suffer Scorpian Sting From Banana Box

February 2, 2009

England (ChattahBox) – A man who owns a grocery store in Essex got more then potassium when he opened up a box of bananas.

Daniel Arney was stocking the fruit aisle when he felt a sudden sting. Thinking he had cut himself on something inside a box of bananas he was opening, he was shocked when he looked at his finger. It had swollen up within seconds, and was getting worst.

He was rushed to the hospital, where a doctor immediately recognized the single puncture wound of an African scorpian. Lucky for Arney, it was the only type from that region that wasn’t fatal.

“He told me that if it had been the other kind of scorpion from Africa, I would have been dead within 15 minutes,” Arney recalled.

“My wrist and finger seized up tight but as soon as they released the pressure it was not too bad and I could see the venom coming out.”

By the time employees at the store found the scorpion, it was dead, having lost it’s tail in the sting.

Arney has made a full recovery.


Comments

Got something to say? **Please Note** - Comments may be edited for clarity or obscenity, and all comments are published at the discretion of ChattahBox.com - Comments are the opinions of the individuals leaving them, and not of ChattahBox.com or its partners. - Please do not spam or submit comments that use copyright materials, hearsay or are based on reports where the supposed fact or quote is not a matter of public knowledge are also not permitted.