Sales For Final Twilight Book, Breaking Dawn Top 1 Million

August 5, 2008

The final book in the Twilight series from Stephenie Meyer has managed to garner amazing sales, as Breaking Dawn has sold 1.3 million copies in its first day alone.....Boston (ChattahBox) – The final book in the Twilight series from Stephenie Meyer has managed to garner amazing sales, as Breaking Dawn has sold 1.3 million copies in its first day alone.

The fourth and final book in the vampire romance drama Twilight was released to fans at midnight on August 2nd.

In the first 24 hours alone, Breaking Dawn sold 1.3 million copies.

The publisher, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, has already announced that they have ordered another 500,000 copies to be manufactured and sold.

The number of prints of the book now stands at 3.7 million since its release.

Even though Twilight’s final book release of Breaking Dawn was successful, it still did not get close to the final sales numbers for the last book in the JK Rowling series, Harry Potter.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows sold 8.3 million copies in the U.S. alone in its first 24 hours.

Comments

11 Responses to “Sales For Final Twilight Book, Breaking Dawn Top 1 Million”

1. stepheniemeyerluver on November 18th, 2008 1:48 pm

this isnt the cover for breaking dawn. where’d you get this. this is wrong.

2. mollly on January 24th, 2009 12:57 am

whats with the red diamond??? the breaking dawn cover has a chess board with a white pawn and a red queen!!!! if this a special edition cover I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. sunflower on January 24th, 2009 8:57 am

Why you choose Red Diamond? What it symbolize and relation to the Breaking Dawn Book?????

4. cheetah1265654 on January 31st, 2009 12:48 pm

whats up with the diamond?
    its a white pawn and a red queen on a chess board!

but if this is a limited edition, I WILL STEAL IT on a very unexpected night…
    lol just joking

5. Brielle on February 15th, 2009 10:47 pm

Okay.Here is the thing.I am very violent.I think i know why.maybe.I need answers.NOW.Why is there a red dimond?What made the change? why are the book covers so random? Apple in hands.Flower.Ribbon.Chess board. and now dimond.but yet there isnt an explination for the dimond. is there? I need answers. I am in great pain. I feel as if my heart could stop at any moment.I cannot sleep. I am constently making myself bleed just to see the blood. I need answers now. My eyes are constantly widening. their colors changing. I can smell everything so clearly. What is happening? I have a scar on my foot. help me. please.i am suffering. help.ple-.What was i saying? oh well. what smells so good? Why am i not breating? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

FOOLED YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Aizmir on February 16th, 2009 11:43 pm

Whats with the diamond? Please tell me!!!!!!! IF ITS A SPECIAL EDITION I WANT IT!!!!!!!!! TELL ME PLEASE!!!

7. Freakin Anonymous on April 1st, 2009 5:11 pm

This is so fake! omfg. this. is. so. fake. I am a vampire so I should know and you apparently aren’t because you have da wrong freakin covah! I am actually apart of the Cullen coven so I should DEFINITELY know!

April Foolz!

8. Bella-Michi on April 20th, 2009 12:45 pm

Why does everyone keep comparing Twilight and Harry Potter? The two aren’t anything alike. The only reason people make any fuss about it in the first place is because Rob was in the Goblet of Fire.
    And that cover is prolly from devainart or something. Get the real one.

9. bobs your uncle on December 2nd, 2009 10:05 am

first, this cover is one from one of the countries that prefer to have different covers. And secondly it is a red pawn and white skin, which represented bella turning into a vampire. A pawn at first because she was a weak human with no power. It is red because she was full of blood that was more appealling to edward than other peoples blood. When she turned into a vampire she became the white queen because she had lots of power (it probably would have been a king if her powers could be used for attack instead of defense) and she is the protecter. The queen is white to symbolise her new found pale skin. ta da there is your explaination

10. bobs your uncle on December 2nd, 2009 10:07 am

sorry its meant to say:

First, This cover is one from one of the countries that prefer to have different covers. And secondly it is a red pawn and white queen, which represented bella turning into a vampire. A pawn at first because she was a weak human with no power. It is red because she was full of blood that was more appealling to edward than other peoples blood. When she turned into a vampire she became the white queen because she had lots of power (it probably would have been a king if her powers could be used for attack instead of defense) and she is the protecter. The queen is white to symbolise her new found pale skin. ta da there is your explaination

11. Rose on December 20th, 2009 2:07 pm

Well, I tried to correct this quite a few months ago but for some reason the site wouldn’t let me post this.

Here’s the deal on the blood diamond cover (and just to clarify, that *is* a picture of a blood diamond, not a ruby, and not a photoshopped diamond):

Before the real Breaking Dawn cover was released, there was a thread on the Twilight Lexicon, which I used to frequent when I was a fan, where fans made their own book covers. There were a handful that were so popular – not only on the thread, but all over the internet – that even after the real cover was released, it took months before the fake covers were no longer the very first things to appear on the internet when typing in “breaking dawn”. In fact, most of the fake covers that appear on the “images” page of google even *now* are from that very same thread. This is why this picture is up here and not the real one – around the time when this article was published, this book cover was the first thing to appear on google when typing in “breaking dawn”.

I wish the thread was not deleted, because then I could prove this to you.

The deal on this particular cover: It was one of the most favored, if not *the* most favored, of all of the covers on that thread. The diamond is a photoshopped blood diamond from eBay – also another thing I can’t prove because, naturally, the picture stopped existing on the internet shortly afterward because the diamond was sold.

I wish I *could* prove this. But I can’t.

However, whether you believe me or not, I actually *did* make that cover. Which is why I know all of this. Once again, I’d love to prove it to you, but I can’t.

Regardless, that’s what happened: this is nothing more than a particularly popular cover made by a fan months before the actual cover was released. I *wish* it were a special edition cover because then I might actually have made some money from it. But I can still dream *ponders*.