Rod Stewart confirms reunion tour with former band ‘The Faces’

November 13, 2008

England (Chattahbox) — Well we can start calling him Rock’in Rod Stewart again. The crooner has confirmed that he’s ready to reunite with his 70’s rock band ‘The Faces’. Earlier this week Raygigs.com reported that Stewart and other original members Ronnie Wood, Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones had booked a secret rehearsal slot next week to see if the band still had what it takes to launch a string of reunion shows next year (09). Stewart’s touring bass player is expected to complete the group, replacing late bassist Ronnie ‘Plonk’ Lane, who died in 1997. The band has previously reunited for a handful of one-off gigs – Wood and McLagan performed with Stewart at the Hollywood Bowl in 2004.

Scheduling problems between the members has hampered previous comeback plans – but Stewart has confirmed that this time (more than 30 years after the band split) the reunion is definitely on and a tour will happen, telling the UK Daily Mirror.
He says, “Yes, absolutely. We have our first rehearsal on Monday. It will be next summer and I am looking forward to it. It’ll be great.” And Stewart is certain that Wood’s recent break-up with wife of 23 years Jo won’t hold the star back from giving everything to the tour.
He says, “Ronnie is up for it. I think he feels great. He is full of energy and very excited. We try not to mix our family problems with work. I’ll see him Monday.”


Comments

Got something to say? **Please Note** - Comments may be edited for clarity or obscenity, and all comments are published at the discretion of ChattahBox.com - Comments are the opinions of the individuals leaving them, and not of ChattahBox.com or its partners. - Please do not spam or submit comments that use copyright materials, hearsay or are based on reports where the supposed fact or quote is not a matter of public knowledge are also not permitted.