Report: Forthcoming surgery ensures no more kids for Nadya Suleman

May 7, 2009

(ChattahBox) —  OctoMom’s media outlet of choice for news distribution RadarOnline reports Suleman will check into the hospital this weekend to have benign fibroid tumors removed from her uterus — a procedure that will make further pregnancies virtually impossible.  Not gonna mince words with this post.  Sorry to hear Nadya is ailing and needs surgery, but can’t help feeling this procedure is a long overdue service to society. The operation will be done at the hospital where she gave birth to the octuplets at in January.  Haven’t seen the birth you say? Well Jimmy Kimmel in the video below has all the action covered:

Comments

6 Responses to “Report: Forthcoming surgery ensures no more kids for Nadya Suleman”

1. Sara on May 7th, 2009 4:50 pm

Myomectomy is and refers to the surgical removal of uterine fibroids, they are also known as myomas. In contrast to a hysterectomy the uterus remains preserved and the woman retains her reproductive potential. … although i feel bad that she has to have surgery….this surgery by no means keeps her from having more children! Just a big pack of lies to make everyone feel sympathy ploy to please the public and give her more donations….

2. Old Man Dotes on May 7th, 2009 5:57 pm

This woman should have been sterilized by boiling, about 16 kids ago.

3. Ainsley Jo Phillips on May 8th, 2009 11:15 am

I had fibroid tumors removed back in February of 1987, and the surgeon was able to do this in such a way that it left me with the ability to still have kids. Sadly, I ended up not having any.

However, my tumors weren’t precancerous and their placement was in such a way that they could be removed without removing any part of my uterus.

Obviously, with Nadya, this isn’t the case. Hers are either officially precancerous or else have the potential to become so, and half of the uterus must be removed in order to get the job done.

Why only half of the uterus? I believe that keeping part of the uterus in will help with the hormonal balance in her body so that she won’t have to take pills the rest of her life to keep from growing a beard and/or dealing with other side-effects.

The bottom line is that her baby-bearing days are over.

I think that this might give those with eyes that will see and ears that will listen a clue as to why she went ahead and had the last six embryos implanted when she did.

According to another article I read, she was aware that she had this problem before she became pregnant for the last time and that it would have to be addressed.

She felt committed to the last six embryos. She was only expecting twins from them at the most, but it was important that they would not simply be destroyed or else donated to one or more other families where some babies might be out in the world that belonged to her and her donor and she’d have no idea how they were being raised.

She wanted to keep her family together, and this would be her last chance before having the surgery that would make her unable to do so.

I hope she comes through the surgery with flying colors and that more people will be sending kindness their way instead of the ugliness that has been spewed out at them in the past.

I’m happy to see that the tide is turning at least some re: how they’re seen.

4. MPete on May 8th, 2009 12:49 pm

She’s lying! Is anyone surprised? Myomectomy keeps the uterus intact,. Do a web serach for myomectomy and ‘remove half uterus’ and see what comes up! I had a vry large intra-uterine fibroid removed by a myomectomy…and had children afterward. ..they don’t remove half the uterus.. that’s absurd. You know a sign of a pathological iar is they just assume people will beiieve them no matter how ridiculos the llie. That’s Nadya. According to her , her lips puff up like that after childbirth, she was dying of ovarian cancer so that’s why she needed her ex to donate sperm, her big pregnancy bulge was jsut a tumor she told her mom, etc etx Her lies are consistent, and absurd.

5. MPete on May 8th, 2009 6:16 pm

Ainsley/Nadya poster – They can’t ell if fibroids are precancerous until surgry is over, that is fact. Why are you backing up these absurd lies in your post? This woman is a con, and this story is a con job. A myomectomy does NOT remove half the uterus…do a net search and learn a little about the procedure before you start lying. People aren’t as stupid as you always seem to think they’ll be and just believe anything that comes out of your mouth no matter how ridiculous. This story is a lie. Own it, and quit trying to defend it. You are having half or part of anything removed it’s a tuck for cosmetic reasons only, since you specifically say you are not having a hysterectomy. And yes, you can most DEFINITELY have children after a myomectomy, .. I did! I went to two specialists for opinions, and know everything there is to know about fibroids and myomectomies. Pack of lies, .. everything out of your m outh!

6. Ainsley Jo Phillips on May 8th, 2009 6:50 pm

MPete–Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m an entirely different person than Nadya, and the doctors CAN tell by the size/position of the tumors the minimum of what has to be done. In my own case, it turned out that even more had to be done than what was detected by my examination in the doctor’s office. The surgeon knew I wanted to have kids, so he managed to remove everything and still keep my uterus intact. But I do believe that Nadya knew that this operation was coming, which is why she thought she’d better get pregnant now to be sure that she’d be able to.