Sarah Palin: In Politics, Nothing Is Stranger Than This

November 21, 2010

Comments

10 Responses to “Sarah Palin: In Politics, Nothing Is Stranger Than This”

1. Larry Clement on November 21st, 2010 12:07 pm

Tony,

Your fascination for Sarah Palin is exactly the point. The media has played right into her hands. Obviously if the media wasn’t so caught up with her, then she would actually be just a “Trivia Question” by now.

I’m sure that I can’t predict what will happen in the future but I do know that most Americans don’t like her. The ones who do, really, really do, but that isn’t going to put her into the White House. She very well likely could win the GOP nomination in 2012, even if the GOP doesn’t want her to. Then it’ll come down to her and Barack, and if I can make any predictions, things are going to be looking allot better as far as our economy goes then and young people are going to pour out to the polls much better than they did earlier this month.

I also think eventually, Americans and especially the media will get over their infatuation with Sarah Palin. Even though I think she’ll still be around and have sway with a certain minority in our country; that being mostly The Tea Party crowd, who will also lose popularity once the nation figures out what they really are about.

If my predictions are wrong and she becomes our next president; I’m going to see just how far I can get away from this country before she sinks it like the Titanic.

2. disgusted. on November 21st, 2010 12:11 pm

She is a nut case. Sad sad sad. We couldn’t get more insane than this. But if the TParty rigged Dancing with the Stars for her obese untalented daughter, who’s ta say they vote will not be rigged for Hitler Palin in 2012?

3. cjh on November 21st, 2010 12:35 pm

Love the hatred of Palin here. Haha. I don’t know that she is qualified to be president (she probably isn’t)… But why she is loved by some is obvious, she is about as far from traditional Washington as one could possibly be. The author here (and many others) claim that she is basically a stupid hick. Fine if that is your view. But who put us in the position this country is in today? Certainly not Palin. I would argue it is Wall Street insiders, government entitlement programs and those same Republican “elites” that hate her so.. If the economy turn around, nobody beats Obama in 2 years.. If we’re still is this state… anything is possible and maybe for enough folks business as usual just won’t cut it anymore.

4. MWB on November 21st, 2010 12:41 pm

I find it interesting that Tony doesn’t “get it” as to Palin’s appeal to voters (the common public). Palin has little to no “insider” appeal or beltway “street fighting” experience. She is willing to swim upstream against political systems and perceived pundits. She maintains a consistent conservative view on deficit spending, big government, and national defense. I’m not a Palin fan, but I can see why her values appeal to the public. Even if Palin were not to be a candidate for the 2012 campaign, she has surfaced the identity of many Americans who are sick of politics and concerned about the direction of the country. This is not rocket science. I simply wonder why Tony doesn’t get that. And his deprecating insinuation that her kudos from the silly public are simply about her being a pretty “broad” or his unsupported accusations of her “greedy” motives only highlights his lack of focus and insight. I had to chuckle at the editorial warning for those opining: “…Please do not spam or submit comments that use copyright materials, hearsay or are based on reports where the supposed fact or quote is not a matter of public knowledge are also not permitted.” Apart from the confused syntax, the message seems clear – avoid suppositions, here-say, etc. Did you get that part, Tony?

5. Trupiano on November 21st, 2010 1:12 pm

MWB, I DO get it, what I don’t get is why OTHERS don’t see what I do. Is she a hick from the sticks, nope, but I know enough to know with great certainty that I do not want her leading my country and those that will vote for her WILL be hicks from the sticks. I’m confused by her NOT enthralled in any way. And, by the way, Obama is an outsider, but we keep forgetting that as well. Onward to watch my beloved Lions lose again today!

6. Sarah Palin: In Politics, Nothing Is Stranger Than This - ChattahBox | Dla ciekawskich on November 21st, 2010 1:32 pm

[...] post by steaksyl and software by Elliott Back No Comments [...]

7. Linda Rader on November 21st, 2010 1:43 pm

Palin is popular because she is popular. She represents a lot of people. The mass of people actually and to redicule her is to redicule the majority of americans. That majority is tired of being rediculed by those who would be the elite and support one of their own. She scares the elite and that pleases the majority who are tired of being treated poorly in politics and culture. The fact that she isn’t “you, Tony” is why she is popular with the majority. She is a “refudiation” of the progressives. That’s why you don’t like her and why the majority does.

8. Deb Hart on November 21st, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi Linda Radner,
    When did you start thinking that Sarah Palin is popular with the majority of american citizens? I’m assuming that you mean by “majority” the majority of american citiznes.
    All the polls I’ve read, past and present, indicate that she is not.

9. Larry Clement on November 21st, 2010 4:08 pm

I kind of like what Lawrence O’Donnell likes to say; You have a right to your own opinion, but not your own set of facts.

I’m a little taken back that Linda Rader actually thinks Palin is popular. I suppose if you call being popular amongst mostly far right wing bigots popular, then I suppose so.
    As far as being elite; most of the Tea Party crowd are people of a higher income bracket than the average citizen. Who else can afford to run around the country screaming to be heard over everyone else? Those who don’t have to work mostly.

It also surprises me to hear someone from the Right who always supports tax cuts for wealthy people, calling those on the left elite. Excuse me; maybe my definition of elite is different from theirs. Personally I work very hard for my money and no one from the Right is looking out for my rights. The want to cut my Social Security and make me even work longer in my life and then hand over 700 billion dollars in the next 10 years to a bunch of “Elites” at the top of the economic chain.

Sarah Palin is an opportunist. She saw her chance to get rich by pushing the buttons of a bunch of extreme Right wingers who couldn’t stand the thought that a black man had finally made it to the White House; “I want my country back!” (Bawl! Bawl!)That is pathetic if you ask me.

I think there needs to be another type of Tea Party; this one from the Left because we’re getting tired of a bunch of Republican Elites handing all the money to the top two percent of Americans and leaving the rest of us just trying to hold on for dear life.

I know Linda that you probably get most of your news from Fox which means you really don’t get the news, so you really should check your facts first.

10. MWB on November 22nd, 2010 10:21 pm

Hey, Tony. Though we may not agree on political perspective, we probably share the same support of the Lions – and the same hand-wringing frustration in countless fourth quarters. Our saying growing up around the Thanksgiving table was “Let’s go watch the Lions…lose!”

By the way – I’m not convinced that all Palin supporters are anti-intellectual obscurantists.