Apple Blames iPod Overheating, Fires On Battery Issues

August 19, 2008

Apple has come out and stated on Tuesday that the overheating, and fires started from iPod Nano digital music players, was a result of battery issues......Washington (ChattahBox) – Apple has come out and stated on Tuesday that the overheating, and fires started from iPod Nano digital music players, was a result of battery issues.

Apple put out a written statement after the Japanese government released a warning in regards to the iPod Nano devices.

Two instances in Japan resulted in an iPod Nano overheating, and catching on fire.

Apple stated that batteries from a single supplier are to blame for the problems with the iPod Nano devices.

The name of the company was not released by Apple, nor was it released by the Japan government.

Apple has been working with the country though to investigate all of the cases.

It was believed that the lithium-ion battery in the device was the cause of all of the fires.

No one was injured during either of the two incidents revealed in Japan on Tuesday.


Comments

Got something to say? **Please Note** - Comments may be edited for clarity or obscenity, and all comments are published at the discretion of ChattahBox.com - Comments are the opinions of the individuals leaving them, and not of ChattahBox.com or its partners. - Please do not spam or submit comments that use copyright materials, hearsay or are based on reports where the supposed fact or quote is not a matter of public knowledge are also not permitted.