Caylee Anthony’s grandparents now seeking immunity

January 1, 2009

Orlando, Fl. (ChattahBox) — George and Cindy Anthony, who maintained their granddaughter Caylee Marie Anthony was alive till the bitter end are now seeking immunity when questioned, the Orlando Sentinel reported Wednesday. Caylee Anthony, who would have turned 3 in August, was reported missing on July 15, about a month after the girl was last seen. Her whereabouts were a mystery until skeletal remains were found by a meter reader earlier this month about half a mile from George and Cindy Anthony’s home. Caylee’s mother, Casey Anthony, remains jailed on charges of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and four counts of lying to investigators about the disappearance of her daughter.

While investigators in Florida seek answers in the murder case, a lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony reportedly asked that the couple be protected when questioned by prosecutors regarding the case, the Sentinel reported. At this point, no deal has been set. One wonders if this is just an overcautious lawyer or have the grandparents been hiding something?

Cindy and George Anthony now apparently say they have no plans to visit their daughter in an Orange County jail, which seems to be be a break from their previous steadfast support of her innocence. The grandparents plan a private memorial and funeral for their granddaughter and investigators said that further questioning of the Anthony’s would wait until after the funeral.

Comments

7 Responses to “Caylee Anthony’s grandparents now seeking immunity”

1. danielle on January 1st, 2009 3:38 pm

I can’t even look at her face, she turns my stomach.

2. Amy, Austin Personal Trainers on January 2nd, 2009 10:48 pm

I bet they do.

3. bette h on January 3rd, 2009 1:33 am

god bless the anthonys, not one of us would want to be walking in thier shoes, they are just devoted parents, down deep they have known it all along, but could not face it. they love thier daughter and did not want to face what thier subconcious already knew. i hope that they find away to deal with this, for some reason they have been handed the biggest burden. i pray they find away to get through it all, i wish that they would have taken custody of that little girl along time ago. i wish cayse would have went to them and told them to raise her child, the love that little girl had from those grandparents and the love she gave to them is priceless if only the mom would have given her to them until she sowed her wild oats.

4. tx nana on January 3rd, 2009 3:50 am

Why do they need immunity? They all should have been helping to find Caylee instead of “red herrings”, obstructing justice and bald faced lying!

5. mary martinez on January 8th, 2009 2:14 am

My heart goes out to this family, and to the families of all missing children and victims of violence. The Anthony’s are trying to hold it together under circumstances that are almost unbelievable. A daughter in jail, accused of murdering their precious grandchild? What an incredible amount of guilt they must feel for real or imagined mistakes in raising their daughter, Casey. Parents do the best they can. Sometimes their best is not good enough. My prayers are with them. Caylee is being well taken care of, like all the innocents in heaven. And as for Casey, she needs to finally tell the truth. What does she have to gain by continuing her lies. She needs to own up to what she did, ask forgiveness and take the consequences.

6. LOU4646 on January 23rd, 2009 8:40 pm

ISN’T IT ODD THAT THESE GRANDPARENTS ASK FOR IMMUNITY? WHY, IN THE FIRST PLACE? THIS SENDS UP A RED FLAG TO ME. AND THINK ABOUT IT, HER LITTLE BODY WAS FOUND LESS THAN ONE HALF MILE FROM THEIR HOME I HAVE THE FEELING THEIR DAUGHTER IS TAKING THE RAP FOR THEM. I THINK THEY WERE BABYSITTING AND SOMETHING HAPPENENED THAT THEY COULDN’T CONTROL AND SOMETHING WENT WRONG. NOW THIS SUICIDE ATTEMPT. WHAT’S THIS ALL ABOUT ? THIS SEEMS A LITTLE FISHY TO ME….

7. antoinette kane on January 29th, 2009 12:17 am

to the granparents of caylee marie:

my prayers are with you and my heart really goes out to you. caylee is now an angel and she is very precious. I can’t say I imagine what your feeling because this has never occured in my life. I have never lost a granddaughter , I don’t even have a grandaughter, but I’ve had my shares of hard times. stay strong and may justice be served for little babie caylee. she is adorable inside and out and keep your memories close to your heart. everything happens for a reason, and im not saying its not ok to have grief becauese it is perfectly normal, life does go on and caylee knows you two love her may there be sunny days ahead. thank you and god bless . STAY STRONG