Grandfather of Caylee – George Anthony Found in Daytona Beach and Hospitalized

January 23, 2009

(ChattahBox) — The despondent grandfather of slain Orlando child, Caylee Anthony, George Anthony who was reported missing by his family on Thursday has been found. Using GPS tracking through his cell phone, Orange County Sheriff’s officials located George still in Florida at The Hawaii Motel in Daytona Beach early today – Friday morning.

Police Chief Mike Chitwood arrived on the scene and located Anthony’s vehicle based upon a description that had been provided by his wife Cindy Anthony. The missing man had reportedly been sending text messages to family members that said he “didn’t want to live anymore”. Police officers transported Anthony to Halifax Health Medical Center for psychiatric evaluation, where he is listed in stable condition this morning. Daytona Beach Police Chief Mike Chitwood said that while driving Anthony to Halifax Health, George Anthony remained quiet and did not discuss the court case against his daughter other than to say “there was no way (the Chief) could know what this was like.”

Caylee Anthony’s remains were found in December near the Anthony home in Orlando. George Anthony’s daughter Casey Anthony is being held on first-degree murder charges in Orange County.

Comments

7 Responses to “Grandfather of Caylee – George Anthony Found in Daytona Beach and Hospitalized”

1. Debbie on January 23rd, 2009 1:45 pm

OMG!!! This poor man. I cried when I read this article. What this por family must be going through.

Actually, I KNOW what they are going through. My stepson killed 2 elderly people then killed himself 9 years ago. It tore our family apart. I was blamed, my father-in-law is bitter to everyone. My mother-in-law is now chronically ill. My poor husband NEVER talks about it. No one has sought counseling, except me.

There are no words to describe the pain.

2. Connie on January 23rd, 2009 2:15 pm

Sad, this is what Casey has done!!!! Maybe she will stop the crap and tell the truth, dumb sicko she is.

3. cindi on January 23rd, 2009 3:57 pm

I fell just awfull for Mr. Anthony. This poor man is the only one of the Anthony’s to speak the truth about what he knew. And I must say that with a daughter like Caysee, and a wife like Cindy it’s no wonder that he’s about to have a breakdown.
    I would’nt wish what he is going through on my worst enemy. May God bless and keep him safe and sane through all of this.

4. Rachel on January 23rd, 2009 4:10 pm

This man is really hurting to want to take such drastic steps. I have felt all along that the parents of Casey knows something or has covered up. Hopefully, being an ex-cop, he hasn’t given the daughter any advise. It puts to mind the case in Aruba where the father told the son…without a body there is no evidence. However, in this case now there is and very damaging evidence against the mother.I don’t know if Casey will feel obligated to tell the truth now. She has had no remorse over a beautiful little child that she carried for 9 months…why should she feel bad about Daddy? She is a psychopath.So sad that they didn’t raise her to be honest and not to be so self centered. A whole family destroyed over the acts of one person. Too bad they didn’t spot her problems early on possibly saving a beautiful little child.

5. May on January 23rd, 2009 4:16 pm

Debbie, what a horrible thing to go through! I feel for you, dear. And the Anthonys – I was sure Cindy would break down first. This kind of mental anguish, sorrow, exhaustion – all of it – how can anyone stand under that? Casey needs to confess, take her punishment, and let all of this start to rest. But from what I’ve gathered from reading about her so far, she’s not going to do this. She didn’t care about her child. She doesn’t care about her parents, either. She only cares about herself.

6. Sharron on January 23rd, 2009 5:55 pm

Casey was and is unable to feel empthy towards her own child so I have no hope she will feel any for her own father. I lost my little brother needlessly at a young age – yet learned later on we were lucky he died the way and at the time he did. I pray George will find this same kind of peace someday.

7. Jameel on January 26th, 2009 1:27 pm

What a horrible ordeal for a father and grandfather to go through, not only losing his precious little granddaughter but also knowing that his own daughter most likely did it. It’s a small wonder the man looks like a broken-hearted man in every picture I have seen of him.

If any of you out there are praying types, we should pray for this family, that their suffering somehow be put at an end.