Fox Refuses to Carry Obama Press Conference

April 27, 2009

(ChattahBox)—The Rupert Murdoch owned Fox station is refusing to pre-empt its regular week night television programing to broadcast President Obama’s Wednesday evening news conference. Fox as a major broadcast network, refusing the President airtime, is largely unprecedented. Only one known instance, occurred in 2005, when both Fox and CBS opted out of a news conference of President Bush’s.

This is the first time a major broadcast outlet refused to carry a news conference of President Obama’s. Fox Broadcasting like other media outlets, operate under government licenses. When the President of the United States requests air time broadcast outlets comply.

Fox and other networks have complained of late, of having to give up advertising revenue during prime time to carry Obama’s news conferences. This would be Obama’s fourth.

The U.S. is fighting two wars, suffered a severe financial meltdown the likes not seen since the Great Depression, and now is on the brink of a major outbreak of swine flu that has all the signs of developing into a dangerous pandemic. It’s not so hard to see, why the leader of our country would need to schedule a few news conferences to reach people at a time when most are home.

Fox plans to carry President Obama’s news conference instead, on its Fox News and Fox Business outlets.

In place of Obama’s news conference as the country faces a swine flu epidemic, Fox will run a crime show, entitled, “Lie to Me.”

Source

Comments

18 Responses to “Fox Refuses to Carry Obama Press Conference”

1. scottie B. on April 27th, 2009 11:15 pm

So much for FAIR and, BALANCED news! HA HA HA

2. Tolocristo on April 27th, 2009 11:21 pm

No big deal, no one actually watches that fox crap anyway.

3. PJ on April 27th, 2009 11:30 pm

I think it’s wonderful that Fox doesn’t worship the messiah and drink the cool aid. Way to go Fox! You are the only news outlet that speaks the truth in a world of blind sheep.

4. Fox News Decides Not To Carry Presidential Press Conference - Ron Edmondson - Graced Again on April 27th, 2009 11:34 pm

[…] News has decided not to carry President Obama’s news conference Wednesday night. Read the story HERE. This is an extremely rare occurrence. I will admit he seems to do a lot of them and there are […]

5. james on April 27th, 2009 11:36 pm

way togo. You broke free from the grip of tyranny. This is why I watch only fox

6. Pearl on April 27th, 2009 11:40 pm

Outstanding! Hats off to Fox. The President surely knows about the prime time schedules. Sponsors pay millions of dollars for these time slots. Why can’t he do a Sunday afternoon address to the nation or something? He cannot break into prime time every single week. It’s outrageous.

7. Sick & Tired of Right Wing Nut Jobs on April 27th, 2009 11:43 pm

This won’t affect my household at all as I have actually put a parental block on all FOX channels and then threw away the access code. This is so that my children won’t be exposed to their kind of dishonest, un-American garbage. FOX News is the real reason why our economy and country is so screwed up. They mislead a bunch of morons into believeing that the “Bolsheviks” (for Republican purposes, this means Communicts/socialist, sorry about the “history” and “big words”)are taking over the country. President Obama has done more work in office in 2 weeks than Bush did his entire Presidency. This move by FOX is a slap in the face of the office of the Presidency and I think that anyone with a brain should boycott all of their nonsense and let the morons drink their koolaid.

8. Moar on April 27th, 2009 11:58 pm

So, Obama’s TV show on CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, C-span, Foxnews, and who knows what else isn’t enough?

insert generic line about Obama lies here –

Let the press conference stick to the 24 hour news networks and PBS. Give the people the option to watch something else.

9. American Housewife on April 28th, 2009 12:06 am

Can we give him the 3am time slot?

10. Old Man Dotes on April 28th, 2009 8:12 am

There’s a reason it’s known as “Faux News.”

11. skunkbear on April 28th, 2009 4:43 pm

Are we so afraid of information from the most powerful office in the free world that we refuse to listen? Big mistake. I sat through every one of Bush’s speeches and press conferences, suffered through his struggle to speak in complete sentences, watched as the country went down the tubes. I feel like I know what has happened in this country over the last 50 years. I guess the boys at Fox News don’t wanna hear any good news. When are they going to stop electioneering for the 2008 election? It’s over, boys. You lost. Let’s work together to keep America the best in the world.

12. Moar on April 28th, 2009 6:48 pm

So, we can only watch the press conference on ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, FOXNEWS, MSNBC, CNBC, and who knows what else?

Gee? What will we all do if we can’t watch obama on the teeeveeee.

13. KT on April 29th, 2009 2:55 am

Does anyone have a list of advertisers that still advertise on FOX? I want to let them all know I am boycotting their stores and products until they remove their ads from FOX, that they should stop supporting the un-American station FOX.

14. Rev. on April 29th, 2009 4:55 pm

Everyone knows that the Fox network is biased but I think it’s because the President is a Democrat. But the GOP should be mad at themselves because W is the one who pushed everyone to vote for Obama. George W. Bush and his eight years as president was the biggest asset to the Obama campaign. Besides, does anybody actually watch that Lie to Me show?

15. Hell Naw on April 29th, 2009 7:53 pm

Obama probably will be informing us that he is enacting martial law, to stay inside your homes and wait for the military to come force their “vaccine” on you for the swine flu, and if you refuse they will lock you up in one of the MANY fema camps they have setup, or maybe you will be one of the lucky ones and they just shoot you on sight.

16. Courtney W. on April 29th, 2009 8:19 pm

Let’s us all work together to boycott all FOX programs.
    Clearly FOX news has an adgenda which is not in the best interest of the majority of American citizens..

17. Mark on April 30th, 2009 8:45 am

At first I thought it was outrageous, then I read that they were carrying it on Foxnews, just not Fox. This isn’t a story. Don’t watch either anyway. In the end, it diminishes Fox, not the President. Fox isn’t NBC, CBS, or ABC and never will be. Here is some news – I tuned in to Maine Public Television for the press conference and they were in the middle of a pledge drive! I changed the channel, so I don’t know if they broke away to the press conference, but I missed the first minute or so! By the way, Obama was brilliant! I have voted straight Republican going back to Reagan. I give Obama an A+ so far. The pendulum is broken. The GOP better reinvent itself or pray that Obama fail (like Rush does). They are making all the wrong moves, so long and good riddance.

18. Really on December 23rd, 2009 4:33 pm

Now that’s funny…doubtful if ironic, but running “Lie to Me” during any political speech would be what EVERY network should run. I didn’t like the way Bush lied, and the way Cheney hid out in the shadows…I don’t like the way Obama lies and Biden is forced to hide out in the shadows. Our political system has gotten so strong that our frickin’ citizens are now condemning and praising networks who belong to “their” team. I can only say you have to hand it to the political gurus who finally got America divided. Brilliant! Now we can all fight over who is on our team and who is not, and we’ll forget all about what every politician does best…dangle a carrot in front of us with one hand while reaching in our pockets for their pet projects with the other. Anyone who thinks a politician is doing what is in your best interest because he belongs to “your” team would be mortified to find out what they’re doing behind your back. I consider myself an American and the parties can find another lemming somewhere else.