GOP Rep. Broun: Democrats May Use Swine Flu to ‘Take Over’

August 12, 2009

Comments

6 Responses to “GOP Rep. Broun: Democrats May Use Swine Flu to ‘Take Over’”

1. Paul on August 12th, 2009 7:26 pm

It’s funny we hear Republicans say that they do not want “faceless bureaucrats” making medical decisions but they have no problem with “private sector” “faceless bureaucrats” daily declining medical coverage and financially ruining good hard working people (honestly where can they go with a pre-condition). And who says that the “private sector” is always right, do we forget failures like Long-Term Capital, WorldCom, Global Crossing, Enron, Tyco, AIG and Lehman Brothers. Of course the federal government will destroy heathcare by getting involved, Oh but wait, Medicare and Medicaid and our military men and women and the Senate and Congress get the best heathcare in the world, and oh, that’s right, its run by our federal government. I can understand why some may think that the federal government will fail, if you look at the past eight years as a current history, with failures like the financial meltdown and Katrina but the facts is they can and if we support them they will succeed.

How does shouting down to stop the conversation of the healthcare debate at town hall meetings, endears them to anyone. Especially when the organizations that are telling them where to go and what to do and say are Republicans political operatives, not real grassroots. How does shouting someone down or chasing them out like a “lynch mob” advanced the debate, it does not. So I think the American people will see through all of this and know, like the teabagger, the birthers, these lynch mobs types AKA “screamers” are just the same, people who have to resort to these tactics because they have no leadership to articulate what they real want. It’s easy to pickup a bus load of people who hate, and that’s all I been seeing, they hate and can’t debate. Too bad.

2. Old Man Dotes on August 13th, 2009 9:56 am

Hey, Broun, two things:

1. Learn to spell.

2. Suck off your 12-gauge.

3. Joe Nunya on August 13th, 2009 12:22 pm

Paul, you are IGNORANT my friend.

The military does NOT get the “best medical care in the world” as I’m sure you only recently forgot. I’m sure you were a good little leftist and bitched and moaned about Walter Reed during Bush. These guys are coming back and are NOT getting the surgeries they need. You don’t know ANYTHING about it. I’m sure you wouldn’t be seen dead being friends with a US solider.

AND Congress’s health care plan is full of PRIVATE PLANS. They get to pick from about 200 PRIVATE insurers. It is NOT run by the federal government as you ignorantly and arrogantly state.

AND ObamaCare is NOT the same thing as what congress has. In Fact, all those “screamers” you ridicule are challenging congress to TAKE THE SAME PLAN they are shoving down our throats.

And if you want to see fake grassroots google “craigslist obama reform” and you will see who is fake and who is HIRED in this debate.

Big Pharma is writting your messiah’s health bill. WAKE UP DUMMY. FASCISM has 2 parties in this fight.

4. Holly on August 13th, 2009 1:41 pm

If you post this, which I doubt, I think this article is disgustingly biased! I am so sick of columnists turning opposition to this healthcare bill into a racist topic or fear mongering. Why can’t others oppose this without being made out like a looney? Obama was trying SO hard to get this passed before the August recess, why? Because he didn’t want to give people time to read it! I am so glad that dead people are finally waking up to what politics has turned into. I could say so much more but I am done.

5. Paul on August 13th, 2009 6:12 pm

Joe Nunya:It is very American to want to help our fellow countryman. I believe in my government especially our men and women in our military, firefighters and police. You two, not so much. Lets face it the previous administration did nothing (except start two wars of choice that are bankrupting our country with all the “war profiteering” contracts to Halliburton) well you and I will just have to agree to not agree. I did not believe any of the Republican rhetoric before the last election and I do not believe them now. I do not believe that your sentiments are in line with the majority, but your comments, funny stuff.

6. Rhonda Christie on August 13th, 2009 9:39 pm

Seems strange that everyone had a right to speak their mind against Bush but how dare we say anything about Obama! That is our constitutional right! Seems strange that all the riots and mobs against the war, Rodney King incident, New Orleans incident were not described as mobs or unAmerican and those people were totally out of control! Funny how the media ONLY shows the people that scream and not the ones that are articulate and respectful but passionate in their opinions. If anything the protesters ARE more American because they are agreeing with our founding fathers ideals of less government & more power in the hands of the people. If there is this much opposition to this bill then it should NOT pass. We do need reform for health care but it should be something that we take the time to reform and do slowly, not rushed through!!! I say to the government(who works for the people not the other way around) take your hands off my body, my money & my right to choose what health care is right for me!!!!!!!
    You can fool some of the people all the time, all the people some of the time, BUT you can’t fool all the people all the time. We are not fooled!