New Jersey Passes Medical Marijuana Bill, But no Pot for Stress

January 12, 2010

Comments

8 Responses to “New Jersey Passes Medical Marijuana Bill, But no Pot for Stress”

1. Me on January 12th, 2010 10:02 am

Well, it’s a step in the right direction. No reason the laws against pot should be stricter then the laws against cocaine.

2. Rick on January 12th, 2010 10:48 am

“We looked at the pitfalls of California and made a more restrictive bill”

I’m sorry? What pitfalls? California should be the model: Doctor’s prescribe what they think should be prescribed. Not legislators. This bill is better than nothing but will end up denying people the herb who could benefit from it. What problems have emerged from California’s model?

If college students (or others) qualify for stress and anxiety, and it reduces stress and anxiety, what exactly is the problem?

3. Dan on January 12th, 2010 10:50 am

Finally almost a hundred years later we get back some thing we should have never lost. Whats up now William Randolph Hearst.

4. New Jersey Devils sale holds « Ed Hardy | NHL Tickets News | New Jersey Devils NHL Announcer on January 12th, 2010 11:42 am

[...] New Jersey Passes Medical Marijuana Bill, But no Pot for Stress … [...]

5. New Jersey Nets Bench Towel | New Jersey Nets NBA Announcer on January 13th, 2010 4:53 am

[...] New Jersey Passes Medical Marijuana Bill, But no Pot for Stress … [...]

6. annonymous on February 26th, 2010 6:02 am

how can politicians know what kind of medicine should be prescribed to people? isnt that what our doctors are for? if doctors think that medical marijuana should be prescribed than it should be.

7. joe public on January 4th, 2011 1:21 am

I think it’s a shame that some have to ruin it for the cause. I am an advocate for making it legal and some folks have been doing this for awhile now. I remember reading about NORML in High Times Mag. back in the 80′s. These people have been working for this long and hard. I would hate to see it abused and then all the efforts are for not. I agree that students should not be getting assigned cards for pot like it was a school ID either. We need to remember this all can blow up like prohibition and all go literally “Up In Smoke”! It has already put a sour taste in the mouth of the NJ Politicians, I’m just curious what’s in it for them. With this sour of a taste for the weed in their state I really have to wonder if they prefer the smell of trash money over weed money. It’s a new day for the Jersey Shore. HAHAHA
    ~peace~

8. Jonathan on January 8th, 2011 3:33 am

I have anxiety problems for very long time even had a history of anxiety attacks since I was a child. I smoked pot in middle school and I have to say I made it and graduated and my anxiety problems went away, intill I stopped. I stopped smoking pot because it was illegal and I had to sacrifice it for work. I was precribed antidepression pills and I literally had to get my heart checked before I can use this drug. I don’t remember the name of it but it was a very dangerous drug. I would pass out at work during break and get sent home. I see that they passed the medical marijuana act but not for people who have this stress disorders. I refuse to take any more antidepression pills. Its not our fault people go through stress in life. Maybe god put it here on earth for that exact purpose. I can still do my normal things I do when I’m under the influence of marijuane at home or any otherthing besides operating any machinery or automobile. The government has every right to produce and sell these dangerous drugs such as painkillers. ( Get it Pain-KILLERS ) I rest my case but I refuse to stop smoking pot. God Bless America