TSA Official Plants Bag of White Powder on Student as a Joke: Not Funny TSA

January 25, 2010

(ChattahBox)—Apparently TSA workers, besides being occasionally incompetent are also pranksters. With the heightened security in the wake of the attempted Christmas-day plot to blow up an airliner bound for Detroit, travelers are on edge and TSA workers more vigilant. So, what did a TSA official working at Philadelphia’s airport recently do to ensure the safety of the traveling public? He played a prank on an unsuspecting college student, by hiding a baggie filled with white powder in her luggage and laughed as the terrified young woman squirmed, under his questioning about the substance.

University of Michigan student Rebecca Solomon was the victim of the extremely misguided and mean-spirited “prank.”

Solomon was so incensed about the episode that she penned an account of the TSA prank gone bad in her school newspaper. According to her account, the few minutes when she was forced to explain the existence of a bag of mysterious looking white powder in her luggage were the longest of her life:

“But as I reached to reclaim my bag, a TSA officer stopped me and wouldn’t return my things. He informed me that that if I answered him truthfully, I’d be fine. Just be honest, he said. I panicked. Had I accidentally packed shampoo in my carry on? Did I keep my Swiss Army knife on my keys? I had been so careful when packing that I couldn’t imagine what I could have done wrong. Then he reached into my computer case and pulled out a small baggie of white powder. Before I continue, I’d like to review my thought process as he said the words “where did you get this from?”

The terrified student thought that she had been the victim of a terrorist plot, whereby “The terrorist wants me to get through security and then once I’m airborne, he’ll find me, reclaim the substance and blow up the plane. I’m going to be responsible for a terrorist attack.”

When the realities of the situation dawned on Solomon she began sobbing. Apparently even the idiotic TSA official realized at that point that he may have gone too far and said: Hahaha just kidding:

“Tears streamed down my face as I pleaded with him to understand that I’d never seen this baggie before. But as I emotionally tried to explain that I couldn’t explain, he started to smile, an odd reaction to such a monumental find in my things. Then he waved the baggie at me and told me he was kidding, that I should’ve seen the look on my face.”

After complaining to TSA authorities, she learned that “disciplinary action” had been taken against the TSA prankster and that he is no longer with the agency.

h/t Talking Points Memo

Comments

5 Responses to “TSA Official Plants Bag of White Powder on Student as a Joke: Not Funny TSA”

1. Old Man Dotes on January 25th, 2010 8:25 pm

Yeah, and how many other “pranksters” have planted crap on innocent travelers? Face it, the TSA is a bigger boon to the terrorists than any other action take by the Cheney-Hitler, er, Cheney-Bush administration.

2. Beading-Jewelry making: How To Make An Even Count Peyote Beaded … | Jewelry Beauty Wisdom on January 25th, 2010 8:45 pm

[...] TSA Official Plants Bag of White Powder on Student as a Joke: Not … [...]

3. earthquake in haiti today, haiti quake, information on haiti … | Quake Focus on January 25th, 2010 9:34 pm

4. TSA Official Plants Bag of White Powder on Student as a Joke: Not … Help on January 26th, 2010 11:55 am

[...] rest is here: TSA Official Plants Bag of White Powder on Student as a Joke: Not … Tags: attempted, besides-being, heightened, occasionally-incompetent, the-heightened, the-wake, [...]

5. Alice In Wonderland | Fun Facts | Smells Like Screen Spirit | Cosmetics Beauty Wisdom on February 6th, 2010 10:27 am

Got something to say? **Please Note** - Comments may be edited for clarity or obscenity, and all comments are published at the discretion of ChattahBox.com - Comments are the opinions of the individuals leaving them, and not of ChattahBox.com or its partners. - Please do not spam or submit comments that use copyright materials, hearsay or are based on reports where the supposed fact or quote is not a matter of public knowledge are also not permitted.