Virginia Tech Student’s Killer Knew Area Where Body Discovered

February 7, 2010

Comments

7 Responses to “Virginia Tech Student’s Killer Knew Area Where Body Discovered”

1. L K Tucker on February 7th, 2010 9:51 pm

One officer said the traverse to the site was impossible in the dark. There was no access by car and there are no reports of cut fences or tracks by an all-terrain vehicle. others have mentioned there are no pull off locations where a car could have been parked while someone walked the mile and a half to the site.

Until there is a cause of death there can be no killer. Police are operating on the theory that a body found like this must be a murder. That is not true. There have been other students found in remote areas with no cause of death.

Occasionally one of the missing students returns in an altered mental state giving us an insight into what is happening. In this case Morgan did not survive to return.

2. Brian on February 8th, 2010 4:19 pm

I’ve been a hunter since the early age of 14. I’ve hunted many new areas unfamiliar with the terrain. Just because the terrain may have had the usual obstacles, barb-wired fencing, streams or creek beds, ravines, and changing terrain doesn’t mean a person couldn’t navigate the area. If you ask me, the more difficult the area, the less travelled by others, the better chance for concealment and probability of getting away with the crime. I could be wrong, and I’m sure I don’t have all of the information the police have as I only have what’s been released to the news, but I wouldn’t put all my eggs in the one basket because of something that seems improbable. There’s a huge difference between probability and possibility. And in this case, anything is possible. Don’t lose sight of the forest because of the trees!

3. olivia on February 8th, 2010 8:56 pm

Brian – I see what you are saying. But I think they are more interested in the fact that the area is so local and small where the body was found. That makes it more likely that someone knows who did it, or saw someone in the area that doesn’t belong. Especially moving through 700 acres of private farm land in the dead of night.

4. Emily on February 8th, 2010 11:25 pm

Although the first thing to assume is that someone dumped Morgan’s body in the field, I personally believe that it’s also quite possible that Morgan came to the field on her own, possibly running away or trying to escape something or someone.

5. Brian on February 9th, 2010 7:39 am

Just Google “died of exposure found in farm field” and you’ll see several people have been found dead in farm fields from exposure. Based on the temperature that night, Morgan’s unexplained behavior (despite drinking), and the amount of clothing she was wearing, who knows what happened. Again, anything is possible. Unless the police have specific, concrete evidence that foul play or murder was the actual cause such as knife marks on bones, broken neck bones, slash marks in clothing, etc., they shouldn’t rule out exposure based on low probability. I’m sorry but it’s still my opinion that if the police had broadened the search area to a 20 mile radius, performed aerial searches by plane or helicopter like they do above the ocean searching for missing plane debris, I’m sure they would have found her back in October. I put the blame on the police for not finding her earlier than now.

6. olivia on February 9th, 2010 3:19 pm

Brian – Actually, that is one thing I agree with you about, Brian. I do think that the police failed in this case, and that exposure was a possible scenario. I think knowing exactly when she died would have been hugely beneficial. It would have taken her some time to walk ten miles, and if she did so chances are she was under the influence of something. The sighting of someone matching her description at 9:30 AM the next morning is a clue.

The problem is that with skeletal remains it will be hard to rule foul play out.

7. tcaro on February 11th, 2010 3:52 am

This is a strange case. If they hadn’t found a body I would believe that it was some sort of hoax.

There’s a large contingent of people who’d like to use cases such as this to infringe upon civil liberties.

The widely communicated and contrived meaning of “241″ seems wholely strange… kinda like “why would someone phrase something from numbers like that unless they were speaking in some sort of code.”

Also, the whole scenario where her friends didn’t bother to concern themselves with the potential plight of their friend.

Anyone who’d like to see what I mean just read US CODE 241. All you have to do is read the title to understand what is going on in our country.