SeaWorld Killer Whale Killed Two Other People

February 25, 2010

Comments

8 Responses to “SeaWorld Killer Whale Killed Two Other People”

1. Samyrah Bostick on February 25th, 2010 11:46 am

I’m sorry, but I dont care HOW much of an endangered species TILLIE is. Kill his ass. Any other time and any other situation there wouldn’t be a question as to what to do with the damn animal. I, personally, won’t be visiting Sea World anytime soon so Tillie is no threat to me, but if everyone is fine with this KILLER whale LITERALLY killing people, then fine, let him continue to swim around freely with nothing better to do but KILL those who take care of him!
    This is ridiculous.

2. tia on February 26th, 2010 12:29 am

I’m sorry for the trainer@ her family, but its not the whales fault, that humans take them out of their God given element,,to entertain..just like the monkey that almost killed his owners friend they are not domestic pets.just like the tiger that almost killed his owner/trainer…stop tryn to play God with these animals.

3. Sindy on February 26th, 2010 1:12 am

I think we need to l FREE WILLY back into the ocean where he belongs. We have no business capturing thees creatures and expecting them not to kill in captivity. The whale is obviously lashing out for his freedom humans do the same in captivity.

4. Tammy on February 26th, 2010 11:23 am

When you take an animal from the wild and its natural environment, you have to expect these type of outcomes. They are only acting on natural instincts. But to put them back into those natural environment after they have been in captivity for so long is just as cruel as taking them out. I think Sea World is doing the best in this situation. Tillie is not a wild animal no more and also is not a domesticated animal either. If you are a person who doesn’t like to see animals brought into captivity the easiest solution for you to do is not support the shows and not go to them. But as curious beings, we have the need to be entertained and drawn to these beautiful creatures of life. Remember that all animals at some point in time were wild including the common house cat. I thank you Sea World for taking the appropriate actions for this animal.

5. Linda on February 26th, 2010 12:17 pm

Personally, I hate the fact that they would let this animal continue “entertaining” after the first death in 1991…If you dont want to kill the animal(which I can understand),then at least take him out of Sea World, he obviosuly doesnt belong in that enviroment and he deserves to be “free”, send him back to the ocan,back t original enviroment….If he cant make it in proper enviroent, then I blame the people who took him to begin with. Get rid of the whale!!

6. solotruth-dc on February 26th, 2010 5:55 pm

This is a very sad story. It is heartbreaking and my heart goes out to the victims family members and her love one. But I can’t figure out why Sea World would
    hold onto a Killer Whale that has killed (3) people. Is this a place where people go and watch whales kill people. Is that the reason why you keep the name “killer Whale”?

7. Dino Dogan on February 27th, 2010 11:41 pm

Sea World has issued contradictory reports on the Whale murder… muddy waters are benefiting the owners of the Sea World Im afraid…divide opinions, put out inconsistent information, confuse and thrive…just another day at the office Im afraid.

I am sure that Sea World has put bottom line before the well being of the whale, humans, trainers and anyone else who stood in the way of making profits.

The root of the problem is deeper Im afraid. I’ve written about it on my blog if anyone cares to comment …

8. heather on March 1st, 2010 11:28 am

I think what people tend to forget is that seaworld is a rescue park. most of the animals at the park have been rescued from being killed or dying in the wild or are the result of breading to keep from the specific breed becoming extinct. The trainer that passed as a result of this tragic accident loved her job and new the risks from the begining. These trainers do what they do because they have a deep love for their careers. These are probably people who dreamed of doing what they do since they can remember. Not just any person can do what they do and she knew that this could become her outcome some day. I feel deep sorrow for her family and no this should not have been the way she passed, but im sure from where she is at she doesn’t blame the animal. He was just doing what comes natural to him. I’ve personally visited the park once a year for the past 10 and will continue to do so because i believe in what seaworld does and think that they are an incredible park where you can learn alot. I do not think that the whale should be put down or released to the wild as both are as cruel and horrible as what he did, the only difference is he did what comes natural. Seaworld is there to help the animals not get rid of them.