Texas and Alaska Race to the Bottom: Reject Education Standards

March 10, 2010

Comments

11 Responses to “Texas and Alaska Race to the Bottom: Reject Education Standards”

1. Ked Nitchel on March 10th, 2010 11:32 pm

Texas stands alone in the race towards idiolunacy. When I served my country during the Vietnam and Cold Wars, I didn’t exclude Texas from my commitment to defend and protect the United States of America. If Texas does choose to separate from the union of states, then no soldier from the state of Texas should represent the United States of America any longer. And the United States should not defend Texas from any

2. Ked Nitchel on March 10th, 2010 11:34 pm

I have a neighbor from Texas who still uses the term wetbacks and nig@#$% to describe his fellow Texas who happen to have a different skin color. Texas never really belonged anyhow. Remeber

3. Ked Nitchel on March 10th, 2010 11:38 pm

Texas stands alone in the race towards idiolunacy. When I served my country during the Vietnam and Cold Wars, I didn’t exclude Texas from my commitment to defend and protect all of the United States of America. If Texas does choose to separate from the union of states, then no soldier from the state of Texas should represent the United States of America any longer. And the United States should not defend Texas from any incursion by Mexico, Venezuela or Columbia. My guess is that if Texas broke away, Mexico would invade the next day and reclaim what is rightfully theirs.

I have a neighbor from Texas who still uses the term wetbacks and nig@#$% to describe his fellow Texas who happen to have a different skin color. Texas never really belonged anyhow. Remember November 22, 1963 at 12:30 pm. The world will never forget.

4. G D Hanson on March 11th, 2010 12:45 am

The problems are caused by the unions, liberals and their legislation which tore down the family structure and the greed of cities and states which grovel for federal money (with mandates) to squander on wasteful projects to get them re-elected.

5. G Steinman on March 11th, 2010 2:24 pm

How did that Robin Hood plan work out for us? I’m still waiting on my refund from the Wilmer Hutchins School District that did not use the funds as intended and is now defunct.

My children’s public school education declined drastically when Robin Hood went into effect.

Also, we spend months teaching our students how to pass the TEKS test instead of what they should be learning or enriching their education. I am a graduate of the Houston Independent School District in the 60s and my education was much broader than my children every received and we are in a “top” school district.

6. Conservos on March 11th, 2010 4:32 pm

Gee, Ked (named after a shoe?),

I don’t know who’s idiot-er, your neighbor or your stereotyping all Texans based on your bias and hypocrisy.

Maybe you’re just a bad neighbor and they do this to rile that inner hick in you for a chuckle at the dinner table.

Maybe you’re just bitter.

Than again, with a name like yours, I think I might be bitter, too.

7. From this side by side analysis, who has more experience? Obama or … | Educational Indiana on March 11th, 2010 11:26 pm

[...] Texas and Alaska Race to the Bottom: Reject Education Standards … [...]

8. G D Hanson on March 12th, 2010 7:22 pm

Happily Alaska rejected the Federal Socialist dictators as they had unreasonable mandates tied to the money. Alaskans and their children will retain more of their freedoms instead of aiding the marxists in their attempt to destroy our Constitution.

9. Jay Phillips on March 20th, 2010 12:49 am

Ked says, “My guess is that if Texas broke away, Mexico would invade the next day and reclaim what is rightfully theirs.”
    Why risk bloodshed? La Razza ‘s goals are to take it “all” ( New Mexico,all the way to middle Colorado), without firing a shot. So your “guess” is almost reality already. The Federal Government has done a fine job in preventing this so called invasion.

Oh, does the picture of Jesus et. all suggest that any inclusion of creation theory is a step towards idiocy? Historically, American textbooks mysteriously changed the theory of evolution to scientific fact over time. A theory is still just a theory. Why the panic?

10. Jeremy on March 22nd, 2010 11:38 am

Sadly there are a lot of people in Texas who aren’t conservative. I’m proud to be Texan, but not pround of the conservatives who run it.

11. Steve Kenrick on February 21st, 2011 3:29 pm

Alaska did not sign off on the national standards because we have a strong flexible standards of our own that address the diversity of our state. Many of our schools have started using the standards based level system in place of graded education so we can teach students at their development level. From what I have seen in the news we aren’t even close to the bottom and improving everyday. When are we going to learn that one size fits all just does not work?