‘Cuervo Gone Wild’ Blamed for Burning Obama in Effigy

May 21, 2010

Comments

14 Responses to “‘Cuervo Gone Wild’ Blamed for Burning Obama in Effigy”

1. Chico on May 21st, 2010 7:23 pm

“Burning Obama in effigy inside a crowded public bar is violent, offensive and disrespectful to the office,” but we didn’t say a word when all this and worse was done to the previous occupant of the office, right? Again, disgusting, but you reap what you sowed: For eight years this kind of behavior was just fine with the left. At least report that and try to make amends now. But no. You only report when some redneck does it.

2. Nick on May 21st, 2010 8:54 pm

stop talking out your ass Chico…. no one ever BURNED anything that dealt with Bush… we may have made hot shot remarks towards him… but no one ever burned, and tied a noose around a representation of him… I know the owner of Yesteryears… she used to be a family friend.. she is a disgusting hatefilled old lady, who probably encouraged this whole act… I hope she goes under

3. Robert R. Larimer Jr on May 22nd, 2010 12:04 am

Oh me oh my! They burned Hussein in effigy?

Guess that is not ‘protected freedom of expression’???

But when American citizens were forced to cough up their tax dollars to the National Endowment for the Arts in order to finance a display of a Crucifix in urine, and a self-portrait of a homosexual with a bullwhip protruding from his posterior….

Well THAT was protected freedom of expression, eh?

Obama, secret service, Lefty news organizations and ‘shocked’ Obamabots……

All I can say to you is:

Pfffffttttttttt!!!!!!!

4. Chuck Cardiff on May 22nd, 2010 12:13 am

Burning in Effigy is a very old European and American tradition, though I doubt you would know anything about that.

As for being disrespectful to the office, the Romans had a saying, “homo locum ornat,, non locus hominem” meaning, the man honors the position, and not vice versa.

5. Sandy Kron on May 22nd, 2010 8:29 am

I’ll drink to that!
    I think I’ll go to this bar. I bet their business picks up!
    There they go again…..claiming racism was the motivation.
    Race has nothing to do with this.
    Obama is ruining our country and people are pissed off.
    When is he, and our lawmakers, going to realize that
    they are pushing people (taxpayers and businesses) too far.

This bar is probably in greater trouble by burning duct tape
    than all of the illegals that commit murder, bring in drugs, and
    abuse our system. Go figure?

6. Sandy Kron on May 22nd, 2010 8:32 am

P. S. Does anybody know where I can get a plastic statue of Obama? I already have the duct tape…… thanks.

7. SWSconnie on May 22nd, 2010 9:34 am

The only things permissible under your first amendment rights are things that do not cause harm, or the threat of harm. I would argue that burning an effigy of a person is not protected because it sends the message of potential bodily injury.

I don’t think this was racially motivated; but, was it an acceptable action? What would possess someone to burn an effigy of another person? I don’t care how frustrated with Obama you are, or how angry at the current administration’s policies, you don’t do stupid things like this. It’s as if the patrons and the bartender at this bar thought that they were smarter than the system. I guess I’m just shocked that there’s discussion about this at all. Do you think that it’s smart to burn, publicly and around alcohol, a statue of a person, in an enclosed space and while doing it, videotape it and put it on youtube?

If this is all that the Republicans of America have to work with, we’ll be seeing Obama until 2016.

8. Mark Klausner on May 22nd, 2010 2:50 pm

Wow Sandy, you are a horrible individual. Obama is saving this country from hateful idiotic individuals like yourself. Lets be realistic, I have little doubt your “ancestors” were as hateful and ignorant as yourself. Hence your now poor and “angry”. Sandy? Bitch Please

9. Sandy Kron on May 23rd, 2010 4:24 am

You people are taking this too seriously. Mark, you don’t know me at all, so please keep your hateful comments about me to yourself. Go have a beer and have some fun for a change. Life’s too short. Cheers!

10. Racism, really? « The GovFreak on June 27th, 2010 10:56 pm

[...] but because it was stupid. According to the owner of Yester Year’s it was an incident fueled by too much Cuervo and a dislike for the president’s policies. It became a race issue when over-zealous journalists [...]

11. Tony on July 8th, 2010 12:25 am

It is against the law to threaten the life of the president even when just joking around. People just do not understand that Obama is and will go down in history as one of the great presidents. There are just too many people out there that are well… I’m not sure how to put it… retarded. This nation is full of retards. Sorry but it is true. A new pole done by Marist says that 26% of the American public does not know who we declared independance from in 1776. 26%! Over 1 out of every 4 people you see during the day! We are a nation of flipping retards and I can guarontee in the teabagger world it is even higher than 26%

12. EddiE on August 14th, 2010 1:37 am

Sandy I’m with you on this one! But lets drink the Cuervo and use coleman camp fuel to get the fire started it burns faster and HOTTER . BTW I agree with Tony Some people are RETARDED …. They voted for him ! Your 26% figure ? thats about obamas approval rating !

13. Alex on August 14th, 2010 3:44 am

Tony, all the retarded people who don’t know anything about the history of our country… I guess that explains why both Bush and Obama got elected in the first place. At this point in the game, when so much money has been spent on MORE wasteful government programs, and MORE bureaucracy… to honestly think Obama is still going to go down as a one of the “great presidents” is naive at best.

Obama is making changes that the American people simply don’t want. There is more of an outcry for smaller government than has been in years and Obama is giving the people just the opposite. For that reason alone, people aren’t going to remember him as a great president.

14. Alex on August 14th, 2010 3:58 am

It’s very racist to assume that this was racially motivated. They only reason this woman believes it was racially motivated was because the people who did it were white. THAT IS RACISM.

There were no racial slurs in the video. They obviously felt comfortable enough in their company to do this in the first place, so one would assume that if it were racial, they would also be comfortable enough to be using offensive and racially charged language. They were not. So what on earth would lead this woman to believe that it was racially motivated?…. simple… she doesn’t like white people and will take any opportunity to slander them when they mock her “african brother.”

The NAACP will always defend Obama when people show dissatisfaction towards him because the NAACP is a racist organization and Obama is their preferred color.