Az. GOPer Wants to Cut off Electricity, Water of Illegal Immigrants

July 1, 2010

Comments

6 Responses to “Az. GOPer Wants to Cut off Electricity, Water of Illegal Immigrants”

1. akurtz on July 2nd, 2010 4:31 am

I just came across this blog and found it very interesting indeed.Thanks for sharing.

2. Don Johnson on July 2nd, 2010 8:10 pm

Wow. What an inflammatory piece of garbage you just wrote. I completely disagree with Barry Wong’s idea, by the way, and I definitely believe he’s just trying to gain a few votes. He’s not conservative by any stretch, and he’s trying to garner some advantage in a 3-person race with only two open seats.

However, youre rhetoric — “xenophobia,” “hate,” and “anti-immigration” — is ridiculous. There’s nothing “anti-immigrant” about the law, and the only folks who bring up skin color are the leftist, open-the-border advocates.

By the way, leaving aside opinions, you have your facts about Pierce’s actions completely wrong. He made no such threat. Did you read his letter? Probably not. It was merely a “dare,” if you will. As in, “Hey, Los Angeles, if you’re going to boycott us, why don’t you boycott our power as well. I’ll help find a buyer for the share you own, assuming this boycot isn’t just a political stunt.” Very different from “I’m going to cut your power over this boycott if you don’t retract it.”

3. Solar Energy Technology In Our Homes | Fresno Roofing Contractors on July 3rd, 2010 1:59 am

[...] Az. GOPer Wants to Cut off Electricity, Water of Illegal … [...]

4. Joe on July 5th, 2010 2:54 am

I agree with Don. I don’t like Wong’s plan either, but I find your use of the word “immigrants” to be disingenuous. This is what the left does – conflates and confounds legal and illegal immigration.

5. Al Naqba on July 10th, 2010 4:41 pm

I notice that you called it “The harsh anti-immigration law.”
    It’s an “ILLEGAL” immigration law.
    Why do you omit that important detail?
    Does lying bother you?

6. Johny Smith on July 12th, 2010 1:22 pm

Ironic isn’t it. The yellow man calling the kettle brown. That is the beauty of this country we take people in from all corners of he world. Mexicans have more of a historical right to Arizona than some rice eating bigot.