Carte Goodwin to be Sworn In Today, Unemployment Vote Seconds Later

July 20, 2010

Comments

16 Responses to “Carte Goodwin to be Sworn In Today, Unemployment Vote Seconds Later”

1. Winston Court on July 20th, 2010 12:39 pm

This is a hopeless case. With business and jobs in China, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, India, etc., and the remainder of business header there, there is simply little need for the American worker.

With an abundance of cheap 3rd world impoverished and starving labor here, there is little need for the American worker. The vast majority of “the jobless” will never have decent paying and desirable jobs, again, in their lifetimes. What good is funding there hopes for a few more weeks?

2. will on July 20th, 2010 1:03 pm

So they can eat?
    you suck WC.

3. Deanna on July 20th, 2010 1:47 pm

Is it time yet. What time is it there

4. Seminole on July 20th, 2010 1:48 pm

The REAL problem is not that we need to extend unemployment, we need to get these folks JOBS BACK from Thailand, China, Turkey, VietNam, and Mexico.

An immediate freeze needs to be made on corporations outsourcing, closing plants, etc, then an immediate plan to return these industries to the US should be
    started.

Obama isn’t smart enough to figure this out, in fact, he even is allowing FIAT, the foreign company that he GAVE Chrysler to, to begin building cars in Mexico. How many Americans will THAT put back to work?
    And with all the 2300 pages of the “financial reform” bill he is shoviing down our throats, not a SINGLE MENTION of making the banks hire Americans instead of
    Asians in India.

5. Dire Straits on July 20th, 2010 2:04 pm

hopefully, his vote will be a yay, no one will change a vote to a nay, and this will progress…next the need to do something for the 99ers…..and finally…they MUST bring back our outsourced jobs from 3rd world countries. The Rep tax breaks to the rich need to stop…the GOP is living in a fantasy world where the poor and middle class are magically swept from their eyesight, only the wealthy exist, and everything is all sunshine and roses. Rip off their rose colored glasses and show them what its like to be poor.

Personally…I think it should be a freaking requirement that EVERY politician volunteer in a homeless shelter, food pantry, meals on wheels, or something else connected to the poor for a month each term. And I think that they should also be required to survive on the equivalent for minimum wage, in a tiny apartment with no car and no perks for that month. That would teach them a grain of humility. Seriously…how can these people be expected to run a country that they are completely out of touch with? I am fortunate that one of our senators lives in my town…he is a Democrat…and he actually LIVES here…he goes to the square and talks to the elderly people…he sits at the cafe some weekends and talks to people there. He walks around the grocery store and talks to people. He does this to stay in touch with people. More politicians should take a page from politicians like him.

6. Dire Straits on July 20th, 2010 2:10 pm

And on a side note…I have looked for a job since I finished my certification course(which I took to improve my chances to get a job)…I am a certified IT tech and cannot find a job….so I go to work at daily labor for minimum wage. THERE ARE NO JOBS!….out of 50 people waiting and hoping to be sent out on an average day, maybe 20 will go. The rest are turned away.

If you can’t even find work at a daily labor place where they usually have plenty of work, something ain’t right.

7. Kevin C. on July 20th, 2010 2:11 pm

I dont think its right how these republicans are being!!! people really need help in these hard times and they only care about the rich getting richer!! not everyone is rich!!! i pray that everyone gets what they deserve today!!

8. Dire Straits on July 20th, 2010 2:29 pm

We need to make a difference…even when we find jobs…we don’t need to sit on our butts and let things continue…it needs to stop now…it must stop now! We have to bring our jobs home! Please, join our site…unemployment is a bandaid we desperately need but it is ONLY a bandaid! What we really need to do is bring our jobs home! And together, we can do it!

9. Dire Straits on July 20th, 2010 2:56 pm

Carte Goodwin votes aye…HR 4213 moves forward FINALLY!

GOD BLESS YOU, SENATOR GOODWIN, YOU ARE OUR HERO!!!

10. Seminole on July 20th, 2010 3:08 pm

Now, do you think Congress and the President could spend a little effort on CREATING and BRINGING JOBS BACK? I mean OTHER than government jobs?

EVERY SENATOR and CONGRESSMAN should be FIRED, let them feel a little pain for a change. (And maybe the Prez should find out that VACATIONS come along every couple of years, not every FOUR WEEKS.)

11. Unemployment Vote | Short News Flash on July 20th, 2010 4:04 pm

[...] 2 p.m. this afternoon, Goodwin will be sworn in. Minutes later, Senate Majority Leader … Read More This entry was posted in News Flash and tagged unemployment, unemployment california, [...]

12. Carte Goodwin to be Sworn In Today, Unemployment Vote Seconds … on July 20th, 2010 5:35 pm

[...] rescue for the unemployed today in Washington. Tapped by Gov. Joe Manchin to replace the late Sen. click for more [...]

13. Carte Goodwin to be Sworn In Today, Unemployment Vote Seconds … < Read what Young Americans Read on July 21st, 2010 10:57 am

[...] Read more: Carte Goodwin to be Sworn In Today, Unemployment Vote Seconds … [...]

14. Francoise on July 21st, 2010 10:51 pm

If they keep on giving the USA jobs to people in other countries, they have no excuses and are OBLIGED to keep paying for our unemployment when we can’t find a job. We have been paying for unemployment all our lives.
    In March I broke down on the freeway in the middle of the desert and my AARP road service could not find where I was, the guy kept on asking me if I had gotten off the freeway on the left side to enter the rest area & I kept trying to explain that you can’t do that where I was in California. I finally said: “Don’t you know you can’t do that here?” He replied “No, because I am not there”. After asking him where he was, he replied “India”. Now, this is a job just about anybody who speaks English could do, why don’t they give it to me or someone like me? Dear AARP, aren’t they supposed to look after the interests of people over 55 here in the USA? When my road service expires I will be sure to get one right here in the good old USA.

15. eWebNote » Blog Archive » Start 2010 Off On The Right Foot By Setting Achievable Goals on July 22nd, 2010 2:09 am

[...] prices continue to decline today as Bernanke told about a new …Carte Goodwin to be Sworn In Today, Unemployment Vote Seconds …FCI depots' officials suspended for causing foodgrain wastage …Today on Our Other [...]

16. Senate Finally Passes Unemployment Aid in 59-39 Vote What’s Next on GOP … – ChattahBox | DEMOCRAT.GNOM.ES on July 22nd, 2010 12:11 pm

[...] additional 30-hours of delay after their filibuster was finally broken on Tuesday with the swearing in of Carte Goodwin (D-WV), the extension of unemployment benefits finally passed last night with a [...]