October 2, 2010
Written by Sue · Filed Under U.S.
8 Responses to “Progressive March on DC ‘Fueled by Hope, Not Hate’”
These people are what America really looks like. They aren’t the scared, old, white people of the tea party. This is real America, the America of the future.
It appears that this rally is nothing but a group of loud, obnoxious, unions…and communists…oh, and yes there are the Marxists.
Signs? Oh yes, there are signs (granted, they looked like they were supplied by the union printers).
The speakers- so far we have been hearing a lot of the same old angry “spread the wealth” crap that most Americans have learned really means, “let’s be more like Venezuela”.
We get it. But we don’t have to buy it, take it, or vote for it.
Based on the stark contrast presented in the first two comments, I proudly support the Progressives, their rally and their message.
People who are hurting in this country need hope, not hate.
[...] Liberal Groups Gather in WashingtonVoice of AmericaThe Associated Press -Right Pundits -ChattahBoxall 585 news [...]
The outcome of government take-over :
1. In banking industry, the result of government take-over is big bonus parties backed by the tax-payer’s invaluable cash.
2. In healcare reform, the outcome of government take-over is to dump ill children when needed most.
3. In oil spill, the administration should be held responsible for its deregulation, urging a big government
Chanting deficit :
1. Amid chanting deficit, the same old failed policy.
2. Amid chanting deficit, hands-off approach over huge trade deficit from oil money spill & trade imbalance with China from remorseless health care premium.
3. Unfortunately, as a direct consequence of remorseless health care premium, numerous folks have no choice but to hang onto affordable offerings, since one in two households is said to face a hard decision between necessity & drug.
4. Inaction cost in relation to health care reform totals $9trillion over the next decade.
5. Over the next 10 years, total Bush tax cut costs will equal $3.9 trillion, …. the tax cuts would increase deficits by nearly $4 trillion between 2005 and 2014.
The most critical debt : Personal Bankruptcy
1. The current recession came from Personal Bankruptcy largely as a consequence of the relentless health care costs, pain at the pump, and the subsequent subprime mortgage crisis.
In the face of huge trade deficit from oil money spill & trade imbalance with China, the primary economic policy of previous administration was ” spending baby “to the great delight of republicans’ sponsors.
2. By comparison, the recovered stock market value alone, around $1.5 trillion, is nearly twice as much as the stimulus package, set aside all the other benefits.
As always, the republicans and unqualified media let folks locked in a box. ruling out the positive effects.
The most promising deficit-cut of government : Slashing the destructive war & military waste
1. Slashing the destructive war & military waste alone supposedly could be enough to balance the budget.
If one wants to turn our government over to Big Business and Big Oil, vote for republicans next month, but if one wants Americans to control their own government, vote for democrats next month.
I’m firmly in the camp of Americans controlling our government. If our government becomes controlled by the business sector, we can no longer be called a representative democracy/republic. We then become an autocracy, a government run by a small group of individuals. In this case, a small group of rich and powerful individuals who own the corporations who gain control of our government by supporting bought and paid for politicians who are expected to, once they are in office, vote in favor of the corporations.
Glenn Beck’s rally had a very Orwellian feel to it, while the One Nation rally reminded me of the love and peace movements of the 1960′s, but on a much higher level. It is clear to me that more big names supported the One Nation rally, and every speech was incredible. For example, HARRY BELAFONTE: Oh, what he had to say was magnificient. It’s a speech that no American should miss. Glenn Beck? Go back to your day job: DRINKING.
Want to see what this progressive rally looked like? Watch the youtube video here and judge for yourself. This should make is much easier for people to decide which rally (Glen Beck’s or this one) they support:
Got something to say? **Please Note** - Comments may be edited for clarity or obscenity, and all comments are published at the discretion of ChattahBox.com - Comments are the opinions of the individuals leaving them, and not of ChattahBox.com or its partners. - Please do not spam or submit comments that use copyright materials, hearsay or are based on reports where the supposed fact or quote is not a matter of public knowledge are also not permitted.
Email Address (required)
Speak your mind
Copyright © 2007 - 2015 ChattahBox News Blog