$16M Raised By Democrats In The Month of September

October 4, 2010

U.S. (ChattahBox Political News) – While the election cycle has been a tough one for Democrats, who are facing a great deal of voter frustration and Liberal’s anger over watered down policies, they seem to have the financial corner well covered.

The Democratic National Convention has seen their greatest contribution month of 2010, with $16 million being raised in September alone. It is a month that has continued the trend of greater voter financial support than the Republicans, who have struggled to keep up with the Dem’s coffers.

According to RAW, a full 80% of the donations came from citizens with low-dollar pledges.  The other 20% were mixed contributions from large fundraiser events.

With these donation details have come other details from the RNC, such as the fact that the non-profit groups set up to handle greater campaign donations than are allowed under law through official fundraising sectors have been overspending by huge degrees. So far, the RNC has outspent the DNC by 6-1, an ironic figure given the latest calls about fiscal responsibilities from the Right.

RNC chairman Michael Steele has been under fire for the spending practices of the group, and the controversy is sure to increase now that the DNC figures are continuing to show a boost in funds, as November creeps ever closer.


Comments

Got something to say? **Please Note** - Comments may be edited for clarity or obscenity, and all comments are published at the discretion of ChattahBox.com - Comments are the opinions of the individuals leaving them, and not of ChattahBox.com or its partners. - Please do not spam or submit comments that use copyright materials, hearsay or are based on reports where the supposed fact or quote is not a matter of public knowledge are also not permitted.