Palin’s Book: Malevolent Race-Baiting, Mean-Girl Spite

November 20, 2010

Comments

8 Responses to “Palin’s Book: Malevolent Race-Baiting, Mean-Girl Spite”

1. Lin on November 20th, 2010 9:09 pm

Palin IS vile and classless. I am a conservative Republican and I fail to see how anyone can support this ignorant, trouble-making, lying, woman who twists the facts to suit herself and her over-sized ego.

2. Linda on November 20th, 2010 10:34 pm

The author of this article seeks to label anyone who takes issue with Obama’s policies racist. I don’t agree with much of what the President is doing, so I suppose I’m a racist too? This is very offensive. And concerning the Rev. Wright issue… Obama only repudiated him and left his church AFTER his rants were made public. If you did a little research, you would find out that Wright had been giving sermons like that for years (you can actually buy videos of them from the church). The Obamas sat in his church for TWENTY years! Listen to his sermons, he does rant against white people. Palin is telling the truth about that (but of course, she is a racist for writing it).

And concerning Mrs. Obama’s comment… Do you honestly think she would have praised her country and the voters if John McCain were winning? Give me a break!

3. Marlene Evans on November 21st, 2010 3:37 am

Palin embodies the worst qualities of human nature: pettiness, ego, hypocrisy.

Linda: You assume Obama took in everything Reverend Wright preached like an empty, passive dummy because you yourself do the same with Palin and the like. However, Obama has shown his intelligence in being able to listen/read with a critical, nuanced mind whereas you simply parrot. Plus, the author did not say everyone who disagrees with Obama is racist; that is the victim status you claim for yourself and have projected into the world.

4. Terry C - NJ on November 21st, 2010 12:52 pm

So, naturally, you have all the usual Palinbots who will defend her no matter what. The same “we’re not racists” nonsense — when they know and everyone else knows that they are.

They are delusional as she is.

If Karl Rove and the GOP powers that be decide she will not have the nomination in 2012, she will not get it. As much as I detest Rove, he’s not stupid. He knows she would be a disaster for the Republicans.

Grifterina is arrogant enough to run as a third party candidate and, if that happens, President Obama can PHONE in his re-election.

5. Linda on November 22nd, 2010 3:03 am

Marlene: You don’t know me. I am not a “passive dummy” who takes in everything Palin says as gospel truth. Guess what? I don’t agree with everything she says and gasp… I wouldn’t even vote for her in a republican primary! I was defending her right to give her opinion without being labeled a racist.

And I’m sorry, but it does not matter whether or not Obama agreed with Wright’s opinions or not. Anyone who would actually continue to attend a church where the pastor makes comments such as “God damn America” and believes that 9/11 is America’s fault and the government created HIV to kill African Americans needs to have his head examined!

6. Linda on November 22nd, 2010 3:12 am

Terry,

As I told Marlene, I do not agree with Palin on all the issues so that throws your “Palinbot” assumption right out the window.

“The same “we’re not racists” nonsense — when they know and everyone else knows that they are.” Really? I’ll tell you the same thing I told Marlene: You don’t know me, and your assumptions just illustrate your ignorance.

7. Micky on November 24th, 2010 11:56 am

Linda,
    There is more than one way to be racist. There are the occasional race-baiting swipes that Palin and other Tea Party acvtivists take at immigrants, Muslims, and the President. Those biggoted comments are obviously reprehensible, and are usually condemned by thinking Americans on both sides of the spectrum.

The other is structual racism, which is both less obvious and more damaging. Race inequality in this country is stark (take a passing glance at the demographics on wealth equality, education, property ownership, and political representation if you don’t believe me). But it is caused more by our insitutions and historical marginzlization than by outright bigotry. For example, no one has to be “racist” for inequlities to persist in school funding which then snowball and haunt those children of color for the rest of their lives (lower levels of college attedance, lower incomes over their lifetime, less wealth and property to pass on to their kids). Thus, when you assert that race is a non-issue, you are promoting racial inequality by doing nothing. This includes her assertions that America is fundamentally equal and fair as well as her “good old days” rhetoric.

8. Linda on November 25th, 2010 4:58 pm

Micky,
    Anyone in this country can attend college and make something of him or herself.
    There is plenty of funding out there. As a matter of fact, I am a college student, and there is actually much more funding out there for African Americans and Hispanic people than for white people. There are so many scholarships and grants that I don’t even qualify for because I am white. I am not trying to “play the victim” here, I am simply saying that anyone can be successful in this great country. For example, the President himself came from very humble beginnings and graduated from Harvard Law School, became a Senator, and later became the first African American President!

You are absolutely right when you say that racism still exists, and unfortunately, it always will. I have never treated anyone differently because of race, sexual orientation, etc. I am friends with many people of different cultures, backgrounds, skin color, etc.

And I stand by my previous comment: It is offensive to call anyone who criticizes the President’s policies racist. Are there people who dislike Obama because he is Black? Of course! And those people should be ashamed. But to say the whole tea party movement and those opposed to Obama’s policies are racist is unfair and insulting!