Dem Calls Out GOP’s Tough Talk: Repeal ‘ObamaCare’ or Shut Up
November 24, 2010
(ChattahBox Political News)—A longtime Democratic Congressman and passionate advocate for the poor and middle class, from Queens, New York is challenging hypocritical Republicans vowing to repeal health care reform, to either “put up, or sit down.” Rep. Gary Ackerman is sponsoring a series of bills dubbed the HIPA-CRIT Act, “Health Insurance Protects America—Can’t Repeal IT,” that would bring votes to the House floor for the repeal of the six most popular provisions of the Affordable Care Act, including the prohibition of preexisting condition exclusions and allowing young adults to remain on their parents’ policies until the age of 26. Although the bills would be introduced in the lame-duck session, in which they have no chance of passing, unless the entire Democratic Caucus loses its mind, the bills would force Republicans to publicly vote against health reforms popular with the majority of Americans.
Ackerman is soliciting co-sponsors for his HIPA-CRIT bills, to repeal key parts of the comprehensive reform law that Republicans have attacked with ridiculous demagoguery, calling reform a “government takeover” and an affront to our freedoms, tyranny and socialism.
“This will be the big chance for Republicans to do what they’ve vowed to do,” said Ackerman. “These bills will be their chance to at long last restore liberty and repeal the evil monster they’ve dubbed ‘Obamacare.’”
Ackerman reasons in a letter sent to his colleagues, if health care reform is so evil and dangerous to our Republic, then Republican lawmakers would jump at the chance to vote for its repeal.
There’s been a lot of tough talk recently about repealing the health-care insurance reform law. Now, it’s time to put up, or sit down. So, you want to repeal the health care law? Here’s six shots at it:
* The First Health Insurance Protects America—Can’t Repeal IT (HIPA–CRIT) Act repeals the prohibition of unreasonable rescissions.
* The Second Health Insurance Protects America—Can’t Repeal IT (HIPA-CRIT) Act repeals the prohibition of establishing annual limits for a health-insurance policy.
* The Third Health Insurance Protects America—Can’t Repeal IT (HIPA-CRIT) Act repeals the prohibition of establishing lifetime limits for a health-insurance policy.
* The Fourth Health Insurance Protects America—Can’t Repeal IT (HIPA-CRIT) Act repeals the prohibition of preexisting condition exclusions for adults.
* The Fifth Health Insurance Protects America—Can’t Repeal IT (HIPA-CRIT) Act repeals the prohibition of preexisting condition exclusions for children.
* The Sixth Health Insurance Protects America—Can’t Repeal IT (HIPA-CRIT) Act repeals the requirement for dependent coverage until age 26.
The Affordable Care Act contains these and many other foolish protections for our constituents. So, join other Members of Congress who want to deprive their constituents of these silly safeguards from the big insurance companies. You can cast your courageous vote on a series of SIX bills to do it. Feel free to call it the HIPA-CRIT Act when you explain your vote.
Fulfill your promise.”
Ackerman seems to have figured out that Republicans are a bunch of hypocritical gasbags, a revelation that the rest of the Democrats should embrace.
“These are great safeguards that improve coverage for all Americans,” added Ackerman. “Republicans wouldn’t dare vote to do away with them despite their campaign pledge to do so. But I’m calling them out on it, and dare the GOP to vote for these bills.”
Republicans will no doubt decry Ackerman’s efforts as a stunt. Still, if Republicans believe their own over-the-top rhetoric, they should jump at the chance to vote against the evils of a tyrannical government takeover of our freedoms, right?
Photo Source: Rep. Gary Ackerman’s official website