Boy Of 13 Becomes Father To Baby Girl In UK

February 13, 2009

UK (ChattahBox) – A 13-year-old boy has just become a father, after his 15-year-old girlfriend gave birth to a baby girl.

Alfie Patten spent the last several days at the hospital as his girlfriend, Chantelle Steadman, recovered from the five hour delivery and birth. He said he had wanted to be the first to hold his new baby girl, Maisie.

“He could have shrugged his shoulders and sat at home on his Playstation. But he has been at the hospital every day,” his father proudly said.

But there is no doubt that this case is a shocking one. Alfie was just 12, and his girlfriend 14, when they had unprotected sex, and she became pregnant. It wasn’t until she was nearly 12 weeks along that she went to see a doctor, Alfie by her side, and she found out she was pregnant.

“When my mum found out, I thought I was going to get in trouble,” Alfie said “

We wanted to have the baby but were worried how people would react. I didn’t know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good, though, and care for it.”

He does, however, admit that he does not know how he will be able to financially handle a new baby.

“What’s financially?”

The baby is currently living with the mother, her five brothers, and their unemployed father, all of whom are on government benefits. Alfie stays there often, and plans on continuing school.

Comments

12 Responses to “Boy Of 13 Becomes Father To Baby Girl In UK”

1. James on February 13th, 2009 12:11 pm

This is outrageous – teenagers shouldn’t be thinking about sex, they should be thinking about hop scotch and freeze tag. I didn’t even start puberty until I was 16. We have an age of consent for a reason.

2. Moe on February 14th, 2009 1:26 am

I agree but there is a little more to the story not in this article but in another I read about this. She was on the pill and missed 1 and that’s why she got pregnant. Kinda bad luck as I know women who have missed more than one and not gotten pregnant. This girl must be very fertile which they say the teens are when women are most fertile. That boy has no clue what he is in for. Sex Ed in the UK must really be bad.

3. kelz on February 14th, 2009 4:34 pm

by the sounds of the news/papers things neigbours have said ur familys cant even look after u never mind help u look after a new born baby – where the F**K where ur parents lettin u sleep together, absolubtly makes me sick its gross, sick sick sick what is this dam world coming to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its gona be very very hard for u let me tell u that! i actually feel sorry for alfie the 2yr gap between alfie and his gf – she must have known what would have happend even if he didnt! im just too angry about this children having children is madness

4. Samantha. on February 14th, 2009 7:43 pm

i didn’t even know a boy that age, was physically possible to get a girl pregnant, and me being 14 nearly 15 myself, this is shocking news, and irrelovent. My brother is 12 years old, so it is basically me and him having sexual intercourse, i would never ever in my life do that to a younger child, [sorry for the example, i would never do that.] it is shocking and inhuman, what kind of love is this?

5. jay on February 15th, 2009 6:30 am

he dosent even look 13, come to think of it he doesnt even look 10, and the girl she looks a little older than 15.
    they shouldnt have been thinking bout sex and babies yet, not till they are married anywhere.

6. Courtney on February 15th, 2009 7:39 pm

yes you are all critizing but one day thiss could be your child
    i agree 13 iss a very young age but if this is what they wanted
    i wouldnt be mad if my daughter / son come home + told me
    i would just be happy to help them

7. sijuwola on February 16th, 2009 5:01 am

Parents should be more vigilant when bringing up children……….imagine a mother allowing her fifteen year old daughter to have …….. with someone barely out of his nappies.

8. kacee on February 16th, 2009 2:21 pm

What the f**k?? She looks so much older than baby faced Alfie and needs to kniw how to keep her legs crossed, especially at 15!!!
    Both of us being teenagers, we are disgusted and outraged at this perverse situation. Its awful and wrong on so many levels. This may upset the ‘parents’ and ‘grandparents’ but how can how can they support the family financially when the young boy doesnt even know what this means???
    At least they have both have sets of parents who care enough for them to stand by them thorugh this whole ugly situation (:

9. Michelle on February 17th, 2009 5:43 pm

Its truely an ugly situation! i mean she looks like she could be alfies mother, i just dont understand what can a 15yr old girl have in comun with a 13 yr old boy, well obviously only one thing…

Thats funny…thats what he should of done in the first place instead of sleeping around when he doesn’t even know what sexual intercourse really means

What the world has come to…

10. JAX on February 23rd, 2009 10:05 am

White trash like that should be put down!!!!!

11. LIVINIA on May 9th, 2009 6:10 am

it so hot!!! got to go now my boyfren’s waiting for me in bed naked.YAY!!!! SO DAMN BITCHING HOT

12. mf on May 20th, 2010 3:51 pm