Man Repairs Air Mattress With Flammable Solvent: Blows Up the Place

July 15, 2009

(ChattahBox)—A German do-it-your-selfer, decided to repair a leaky air mattress with a tire solvent that proved to be highly flammable, when the air mattress blew up the man’s apartment, causing injury and leading to an evacuation of the entire building.

The 45-year-old man from Duesseldorf used an electric pump to inflate his mattress after the solvent had dried. But unfortunately, a spark from the pump ignited the solvent, setting off a huge explosion.

The powerful explosion blew out his living room wall into the apartment building’s stairwell.

The blast also damaged the apartment’s windows and furniture.

The 12-unit building, as well as an entire neighboring housing block were evacuated and checked for structural damage.

Luckily, the injuries were minor. The man suffered burns on his arms and a three-year-old girl suffered from first degree burns.

Source


Comments

Got something to say? **Please Note** - Comments may be edited for clarity or obscenity, and all comments are published at the discretion of ChattahBox.com - Comments are the opinions of the individuals leaving them, and not of ChattahBox.com or its partners. - Please do not spam or submit comments that use copyright materials, hearsay or are based on reports where the supposed fact or quote is not a matter of public knowledge are also not permitted.