Idol Winner David Cook’s Dating Jeopardizes Career

May 29, 2008

The music career of American Idol winner David Cook is being put in jeopardy due to the fact that Cook has chosen to make dating a priority, as he announced he was dating former Idol contestant Kimberly Caldwell...Hollywood (ChattahBox) – The music career of American Idol winner David Cook is being put in jeopardy due to the fact that Cook has chosen to make dating a priority, as he announced he was dating former Idol contestant Kimberly Caldwell.

Many have stated that this is clearly not the right time for David Cook to go parading around on Live with Regis and Kelly stating that he had gone out on a date.

Instead it needs to be focused on the music and his career at this point.

The two went on a date after Cook won American Idol, beating out David Archuleta.

David Cook needs to be very careful that he doesn’t let his relationships garner more media attention than his actual music does.

Comments

17 Responses to “Idol Winner David Cook’s Dating Jeopardizes Career”

1. RoxanneDanielle on May 29th, 2008 6:21 pm

Oh my goodness, “jeapardizing his career”. I’m pretty sure David has his priorities in order and HELLO he’s 25, he has been under A.I. curfew for how long?? Yeah, that’s right, too long. Give the guy a break. He’ll be just fine, thank you very much. I think all his true fans will support him regardless and his talent will carry him above all these types of articles. He seems to me to be one, who knows exactly what he’s doing.

2. lucy on May 29th, 2008 6:23 pm

That’s totally a ridiculous notion. No mentally stable fan would be worried whether David goes out on a date or not.

3. ande on May 29th, 2008 7:09 pm

*rolls eyes*. So going on one date is making dating a “priority”? He’s 25. He was taken with her and asked her out. They went out. He hopes to see her again. Big deal.

4. Shugahhhh on May 29th, 2008 9:00 pm

Your commentary was hyperbole…sour grapes, I say. The guy deserves a little fun before 19 Entertainment is running his butt ragged over the next year, and I think he’s demonstrated that he’s grounded enough to keep his priorities straight. The only reason his dating Caldwell bothers me at all is that I can’t have him, and I’m green with envy. And I bet I have lots of company out there.

5. Linda on May 29th, 2008 9:16 pm

Stop with the melodramatics. You’re working too hard for a story angle. He’s worked hard and won the prize. He deserves to have some fun.

6. wookie on May 29th, 2008 9:53 pm

OMG this article sounds so stupid.hahhahahha.”jeapardizing his career”. wtf

7. Thanh Thanh on May 29th, 2008 10:13 pm

Gosh, David took the poor girl on ONE date and it’s conjuring up such a storm. He’s still kicking butt on the charts beating out Miley Cyrus so I don’t think the fans care more about his relationships than the actual music. He has a good head on his shoulders I know he will be fine.

-http://www.cookscrew.com/

8. tma on May 29th, 2008 10:51 pm

Heck, yeah..this is from a fan who voted 2000 times each Tue and 4 hrs on the finale so he could land a contract with $1million job. And what did he do? Let’s slap fans in the face with asking a gal out on national television and brag about how much he enjoyed it. Timing, dude, and how tacky. Date, have a family for all I care, but not right after we just put you up there. I thought your music was the priority for the fan. If he had said “I’m not into dating at the moment but would like to concentrate on my album.” he would have killed us all with love that we thought we couldn’t give much more than this. Not only that he didn’t gain more love from fans, but he’s lost some of them too, me included. That statement above shoud have come from the idol winner, not a runner up. And I thought Archie was immature, my bad, sorry Archie.

9. Julie on May 29th, 2008 11:14 pm

I am very happy that David Cook won, and I certainly do want him to enjoy this year, but I really expected him to see his dying brother right after the show and spend a little time with him. Instead, he’s talking about his date with kimberly, not his brother. I’m confused by this.

10. Zakry on May 30th, 2008 7:14 am

Tma – Seriously? David Cook lost you as a fan because he went on a DATE? Is he supposed to be locked in the studio when Idol credits stop rolling? Is it okay with you if he has a little time to decompress? Is a week too much? If he lost you as a fan for this, you never really were one.

Julie – Um, how do you know he DIDN’T visit his brother? As noted above, it has been a week since the finale. You do realize how many hours are in a day, let alone a week? Just because the media hasn’t jumped all over him visiting his family the way they have slurped up the delicious (I guess) date with Kim Caldwell doesn’t mean he didn’t visit his brother. And maybe his brother’s health is a family matter, ie none of our business. He didn’t talk about it on the show, so he should starting giving us updates now? Stop being confused, and quit thinking so hard.

11. Carol on May 30th, 2008 10:47 am

I dont know, but for me the dating drama was a turn off… I wanted so bad for him to win and now, I realized that he did not thanked the fans enough, and the first thing he does after winning is going out with that chick… Sorry DC I am just not that into you anymore.
    I thought you were going to see your sick brother, your mom, your friends etc. And just knowledge that before AI you were just a bartender in Tulsa. Give you have talent, but I just think yor timing was not good. Good luck, I am not buying any of your cd’s. You are fake in my eyes.

12. Julie A. on May 30th, 2008 11:52 am

Just because David Cook chooses to date doesn’t mean he is jeporadizing his career. What he chooses to do with his life now that he is outside of the Idol bubble isn’t and shouldn’t be anyone else’s business. I do understand that he is often going to be in the public eye and his private business will be leaked especially since he is a very popular person but that still doesn’t make it right to say that

13. Julie A. on May 30th, 2008 11:53 am

Continued-
    his career is jeopardized because he is dating!

14. Cindy on May 30th, 2008 12:31 pm

Certainly it is his choice to date or not, but I do think the timing was poor. He should not have asked her out on national television either. Later, on his own in private would be OK. Plus, she talked about wanting to make out with him-also on national TV. Ugh! While I understand him wanting to date, it should have been private and not thrown in everyone’s face. But he is learning. He probably didn’t realize the backlash it would have. At this point he needs all of his fans.

But doubt that this will be a detrimant to his talent or career.

15. lucy on May 30th, 2008 2:20 pm

David Cook or any other artist will never satisfy the fan who wants more from him than is professionally appropriate. The downside of American Idol is producing fans who think they own the artist or that the artist owes them more than just good product. Crazy fans are part of the deal, I guess.

16. George R Penny on May 30th, 2008 3:31 pm

What kind of stupidity is this story??? Its his life to talk about on Regis and I think it was more an issue that now he has time to go on a date after the grueling schedual of Idol. Most people can balance their careers and dating, some even have children and pets.

17. Silvia on May 30th, 2008 6:01 pm

Wow you all are scarey nutty fans.( You know who you are.) Glad you are no longer DC fans. DC most of us are normal people who admire your talent. Thank God.