Boy From D.C. Catches Clothes On Fire With Lighter

September 2, 2008

A boy from Washington D.C. is being treated for severe burns after he caught his clothes on fire while playing with a cigarette lighter..Washington (ChattahBox) – A boy from Washington D.C. is being treated for severe burns after he caught his clothes on fire while playing with a cigarette lighter.

Screams were heard from the home of the boy on 3400 block of 22nd Street Southeast on Sunday morning.

Neighbors reportedly heard the screams and immediately notified emergency crews.  Firefighters stated that he suffered second and third degree burns.

Overall, 30% of his body was burned in the accident as he had to be airlifted to the Children’s Hospital.

He is set to receive further treatment at the Shriners Hospital in Boston.

The boy and his family recently moved to the home, but there is no reports on whether or not he was home alone at the time.

He was playing with a cigarette lighter that was not equipped with a child safety feature.


Comments

Got something to say? **Please Note** - Comments may be edited for clarity or obscenity, and all comments are published at the discretion of ChattahBox.com - Comments are the opinions of the individuals leaving them, and not of ChattahBox.com or its partners. - Please do not spam or submit comments that use copyright materials, hearsay or are based on reports where the supposed fact or quote is not a matter of public knowledge are also not permitted.