UPS Expands Boycott To All Of FOX…Other Companies To Follow?

August 25, 2009

US (ChattahBox) – Companies are finally standing up against Glenn Beck and his home network, as the boycott against Beck expands to FOX as a whole.

UPS has said that they will be withdrawing all ads, not only from the Glenn Beck show where they formerly featured in the beginning of his program, but from FOX all together.

It is the first move to completely terminate ads on FOX, which many hope will be followed by the other 32 companies, such as Clorox, who have already removed their ads from Glenn Beck’s show.

Citing racism, fear mongering, and irresponsibility, UPS has chosen the high road and will remove themselves from showing any support for a network that allows Beck to spew his ridiculous rhetoric.

On Daily Kos, writer ‘smileycreek’ describes their part in the boycott by posting an email they sent to UPS spokesperson, Dora:

Dear Dora,

I don’t blame you for not consistently monitoring the content of the Glenn Beck show; believe me, I’d rather eat live bees than do so myself. I decided to give you further examples besides the ones I cited below where Glenn Beck calls the President of the United States a racist and a Nazi. Maybe it’s just me, but comparing any elected American official to the mass murders committed by the Nazis is simply beyond the pale of rational, civilized discussion.

If nothing else, just watch this one clip I saw on another network that truly shows the workings of a disturbed mind. Regardless of what you personally think of Nancy Pelosi, she is an elected official and third in line to the Presidency. As a woman I think you will be just as sickened by Beck’s creepy acting out of poisoning Nancy Pelosi on his August 6th show as I was. It’s not enough to read his words on paper; you really have to see this guy in action.

Ok, that was pretty sick. But here’s another gem, in which Beck’s guest calls for the execution of an American soldier capture by the Taliban on July 19th. Since when is it ok to advocate execution of American soldiers by terrorists? Pathetic.

In another disgusting show on July 1st, Beck agrees with his guest who says “”…the only chance we have as a country right now is for Osama bin Laden to deploy and detonate a major weapon in the United States.” That’s right, he’s advocating another terrorist attack in the United States. You can’t make this stuff up.

If you would like more examples of “offensive, inappropriate or controversial content ” I’ll go find them for you, but honestly, this guy makes my eyeballs bleed as it is. Glenn Beck’s dangerous rhetoric does, indeed, form “a consistent pattern” of fear mongering. There is no outlandish conspiracy theory this guy won’t irresponsibly and loudly get behind.

People, and businesses (such as yours and mine) of good conscience shouldn’t turn a blind eye to hateful speech. If the President were George Bush, or any other white male, would Beck be unleashing such racist and divisive invective, and would we be dismissing it as harmless? Yes, he is allowed his free speech, but in a free capitalistic society I can vote with my wallet, and I refuse to support such disgusting speech with my hard-earned money.

In closing, I would like to point out that UPS stopped advertising during Bill O’Reilly’s show on Fox news. O’Reilly looks positively diplomatic compared to this maniac. I will leave you with one last Beckian quote that is so patently hateful and absurd that it alone should have UPS turning away in disgust:

“The President has exposed himself as a guy … over and over and over again … who has a deep-seated hatred for white people … or the white culture… This man is a racist.”

Enough is Enough! By paying for this slime to be broadcast to the American people, UPS is endorsing this behavior of irrational mob-rule. I will not do business with a company that supports this kind of repulsive ranting. At some point the adults have to take charge. I will not only drop your services for my business but will also contact all of my vendors and actively lobby for them to ship their products via FedEx or the USPS until you have stopped implicitly endorsing this hateful rhetoric.

Thank you for listening to my concerns, and since your corporate leaders do not have any published contact information on your website, please forward this email to both the World Corporate Headquarters and your advertising department.

Comments

18 Responses to “UPS Expands Boycott To All Of FOX…Other Companies To Follow?”

1. Old Man Dotes on August 25th, 2009 11:41 am

Hell. It’s about time.

2. Mario on August 25th, 2009 11:57 am

I plan to boycott all the companies that bend over for the dollar. Its not about what he said, they just don’t want to lose money.

3. John L. Connors on August 25th, 2009 12:28 pm

Is about time someone takes the leadership on this issue. Although is quite obvious that Fox News is not a credible news network, there are some uninformed people in our society that believe that Hannity, Beck and O’reilly are responsible news anchors. Their act is not funny, their continuous book selling, tabloid news delivery style and fake patriotism should alert the most gullible among us of their rating seeking agenda.

4. JON on August 25th, 2009 12:42 pm

Ratings are going thru the roof for Fox News . Money is to be made in advertising , so UPS is just hurting themselves. Maybe UPS can go advertise at MSNBC , a liberal station that has rock bottom ratings.

5. Posts about racism as of August 25, 2009 | Discrimination Law News on August 25th, 2009 12:51 pm

[…] an opinion, Beck’s program is being boycotted by a number of advertisers.  Again, “stupid” UPS Expands Boycott To All Of FOX…Other Companies To Follow? – chattahbox.com 08/25/2009 US (ChattahBox) – Companies are finally standing up against […]

6. Nancy Pelosi on August 25th, 2009 2:12 pm

I M Sofa King Wee Tod Did

7. sixpackistan on August 25th, 2009 4:24 pm

I am now boycotting UPS.

8. Glenn Beck goes after Color of Change co-founder Van Jones – www.enewsreference.com on August 25th, 2009 7:16 pm

[…] Online Caption Contest: Glenn Beck Exposes Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy Huffington Post UPS Expands Boycott To All Of FOX…Other Companies To Follow? Chattahbox Glenn Beck goes after Color of Change co-founder Van Jones LA Times Glenn Beck takes […]

9. David Stein on August 25th, 2009 9:35 pm

Please take a look at this Facebook page regarding UPS’s political motivations for pulling its ads from Glenn Beck and Fox: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123630026988&ref=mf

10. NASCAR / NHRA Fan on August 25th, 2009 11:14 pm

Time to boycott Brown

11. Cornholio the Great! on August 26th, 2009 1:20 am

Fox must be silenced! In the name of ‘FREE SPEACH’ it must be… All who question will be SILENCED!!! Beck will be silenced for the good of the many… I applaud those of who here who have stepped up to counter this subversive element in our society, continue the good work and report all those who oppose! When the issues get tough, REMEMBER, don’t ask just cheer! “YES WE CAN”….

———————
    “The streets will flow with the blood of the non-believers!”¿

12. Carl Strohmeyer on August 26th, 2009 10:22 am

I just cancelled my UPS account. We will now use only Fedex (which has much better customer service anyway), maybe not a big deal to UPS, as our small business only spends about $2500 in shipping, but if enough other small businesses sick of corporate sponsors of anti small business liberal agendas stand up, maybe the UPS of this world will take notice

13. olivia on August 26th, 2009 3:15 pm

Carl – I’m sorry, but LIBERALS are against small business? Have you completely ignored the policies and motivations of the Right in the last decade? Have you forgotten the huge tax breaks, shady business deals, and lobbyist appointments during the Bush era?

Companies are supposed to look out for their financial interests, but from what I can establish using common sense, news networks should be more about reporting. I wouldn’t mind FOX doing so much commentary if they actually called it that, but it has become a matter of fear mongering and slander under the guise of truth.

Shame on you for making it out as though this has anything to do with a ‘liberal agenda’, or that the Left is after crashing small businesses.

~A Small Business Owner and Liberal

14. John on August 26th, 2009 4:00 pm

http://www.FedEx.com. Sorry, UPS…gotta let you go.

15. Carl Strohmeyer on August 26th, 2009 8:48 pm

Sorry you feel this way Olivia, but I think this is rather rude and judgmental of you to “shame me” If you maybe read my blog, you might have noticed that Google for one has allowed plagiarism of my life’s work articles, and this is a major liberal cause contributing company as many larger corporations are.
    As well on a more personal note I have fought with down right evil Children’s Services agencies that have brought down right evil harm to my family by this very liberal agency ( I know this from comments many have made). Again a little reading about my journey I life would have maybe not changed your mind, but would have stopped you from making a charge of “shaming me”).
    Thank you for helping to further convince me of why I find liberalism so hard to take; Reason #1,000 Judgementalism without knowing the fact about whom they are speaking of

16. sandy on August 27th, 2009 9:40 am

Glenn Beck is neither a racist or a hater. He is a diligent researcher who has found communists, revolutionaries and radicals in this administration. UPS as usual is on the wrong side here. Their boycott of Israel just puts their position on the side of communists and anti-semites…enough said!

17. Cptn A. on September 10th, 2010 9:45 am

I just love all of the people who want to silence Fox News. The Gestapo and KGB were very good at stifling decent, too. It is just fine if UPS makes a stand, and pulls advertising, from Fox, but when people claim that Beck, Hannity, OReilly, Palin, or Fox must be silenced…Wow! At least their not beating around the bush, about taking one of the most valued liberties in the “Land of the Free”.
    I can’t stand Keith Oberman. Guess what?..I don’t watch him. In the past, Liberals were always the ones fighting the “Tyranrts” who wanted to censor their Communist Revolutionary rhetoric, citing “Freedom of Speech”. Now, we have a President, who tries to exclude Fox from press hearings, and says he doesn’t want to hear from opponents while he is trying to mop up the mess. He doesn’t mind mopping up, but he doesn’t want to hear from dissenters. Now he says people talk about him like a dog. Has this “Big Baby” ever listened to what he has said about Bush?!!! How Un-Presidential can you get?!!

For stating my views, I am sure that a elitist liberal will call me an Inbred, Redneck, Tea Bagging, Racist. That’s okay… your unfounded idiotic P.C. charges of racism don’t work on the American public any more. An overwhelming majority of whites put him in office. His approval rating is now 42% across all demogrphics, and falling. Did everyone just join the Klan?
    I don’t have to silence you, I just have to vote. See you at the polling places

18. Cptn A. on September 10th, 2010 10:02 am

Olivia… you mention Tax Breaks. I suppose that you are talking about tax breaks for the rich. Correct me if I am wrong. The top ten percent (incomes) pay more than fifty percent of the taxes. I am not sure about you, but I have never been employed by a poor person. Furthermore the Obama tax hikes hurt the Small Business Owner more than anyone. The Obama-Care has put a hiatus on hiring nationwide. Small business owners can’t hire people knowing that they will be bankrupted by the tax hikes socialized medicine will cause. Free health care sounds great, but logically thinking people have always known that “There aint no such thing as a free lunch.” I have been laid off for more than a year. The solution is not to give me free health care. The solution is to help employers to be able to hire. When I was working, I had insurance.