Tiger Woods Cancels News Conference, Pulls Out of Tournament

November 30, 2009

(ChattahBox)—-It’s just been reported that Tiger Woods cancelled a news conference scheduled on Tuesday at the start of his golf tournament in Thousand Oaks. And Tiger released a statement saying, that due to his car accident during Thanksgiving weekend, he will not be able to play or participate in the tournament.

Woods’ car accident in front of his Orlando, Fla. home early Friday morning, has sparked growing tabloid interest, in light of a National Enquirer report that Woods was cheating on his wife. Woods’ wife told police officers at the scene that the couple had been fighting immediately before Tiger struck a fire hydrant and a tree with his Cadillac Escalade SUV.

Tiger Woods released a statement on his website today, explaining his decision not to participate in the Thousand Oaks golf tournament:

“Due to injuries sustained in a one-car accident last week, Tiger Woods will be unable to play in the 2009 Chevron World Challenge,” adding that Woods also “will not participate in any other tournaments in 2009 and will return to action next year.”

“I am extremely disappointed that I will not be at my tournament this week,” Woods said in the statement. “I am certain it will be an outstanding event and I’m very sorry that I can’t be there.”

The tournament, which benefits the Tiger Woods Foundation, issued a statement saying that Woods canceled a pre-tournament news conference that was scheduled for Tuesday at the Sherwood Country Club.

Woods was treated and released from a local hospital with facial cuts, and Woods’ wife said she used a golf club to break through a back window to remove him from the vehicle.

Woods is known for his extreme protection of his privacy and he has declined to meet with Florida State Troopers, which under state law, he is not obligated to do.

Tiger issued a statement Sunday saying, the situation was “my fault” and “embarrassing,” but didn’t address any details of the accident that he termed “a private matter.”

TMZ is reporting that the Florida Highway Patrol is seeking a search warrant for hospital records, which could document the treatment Woods received after the accident. TMZ claims that the police want to determine if Woods’ injuries resulted from domestic violence, rather than from the auto accident.

Source


Comments

3 Responses to “Tiger Woods Cancels News Conference, Pulls Out of Tournament”

  1. Mark Nejame « Religion on November 30th, 2009 5:31 pm

    […] Tiger Woods Cancels News Conference, Pulls Out of Tournament … […]

  2. Tiger Comes Clean: Admits to Transgressions, Plural | ChattahBox News Blog on December 2nd, 2009 12:40 pm

    […] In the wake of a recent tabloid frenzy surrounding Woods’ recent early morning car crash and allegations first reported by the National Enquirer, that Woods has been unfaithful to his wife […]

  3. BushRosalie31 on June 11th, 2010 3:43 pm

    Have no cash to buy a car? You should not worry, because this is possible to receive the mortgage loans to resolve all the problems. Thence take a collateral loan to buy everything you require.

Got something to say? **Please Note** - Comments may be edited for clarity or obscenity, and all comments are published at the discretion of ChattahBox.com - Comments are the opinions of the individuals leaving them, and not of ChattahBox.com or its partners. - Please do not spam or submit comments that use copyright materials, hearsay or are based on reports where the supposed fact or quote is not a matter of public knowledge are also not permitted.